Ultimate Star Wars RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Star Wars Role Playing Game

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic

Go down 
+4
Laufe
Secret Shadows
Felix
Nuczija
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

"Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Stupid Stuff   "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 4:52 pm

Your guys do know you have an OOC topic for all this OOCness, right?>
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic   "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 5:10 pm

(ooc: It does exist, actually. They are known as EMP Grenades and REVERSE-POLARITY PULSE GRENADES which the A.R.C. Troopers are equipped with, according to their equipment list on the Star Wars Wikia. And I know of the risks. I went to the wiki article and it said that as well, but ONLY if you are in the blast radius. That is why I said they ran farther away, first. And only on A.R.C. Trooper which planted the bomb stayed close, because the grenade sets off automatically after a few moments, once detonated that is. So it was a risk, but one that was reasonable.)
Back to top Go down
Zandar
Immigrant
Zandar

PostSubject: Re: "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic   "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 5:11 pm

Keep in mind, the Star Wars Wikia information is about 600 years PRIOR to the current events of this site.
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic   "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 5:12 pm

You used an Grenade to disable a ship.

Okay...

Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic   "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 5:19 pm

I know, Chee. But so are many of our current ships AND A.R.C. Troopers..but apparently Nuchiha says really humans occupy those positions now. If we went historically, A.R.C. Troopers don't exist in the New Republic, especially the Galactic Alliance.

Caboose, I never said I used a grenade to disable an ENTIRE SHIP!!!!! I meant I disabled the security systems for the doors, since it disables any electronic system as well, within the blast radius that is. So the door would be easy to jam through.
Back to top Go down
Zandar
Immigrant
Zandar

PostSubject: Re: "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic   "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 5:21 pm

I meant what I said as a support for your claims. 600 years of advancement, dude.
Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
Nuczija

PostSubject: Re: "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic   "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 5:21 pm

Martok, you said that it was miles, and in your post you said your troops ran "kilometres".

Chee, just because it's future, doesn't mean update. The site had 2 dark ages, and a Cold War so short there wasn't a arms race. And Chee, why would they update something old, when the Republic has no money to fund the update.
Back to top Go down
Zandar
Immigrant
Zandar

PostSubject: Re: "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic   "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 5:22 pm

lol...

Just... lol.
Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
Nuczija

PostSubject: Re: "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic   "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 5:33 pm

Chee, look at the AK-47, it's still in service with many countries, and it's over 60 years old. Samething which he RPG-7 which is way older.
Back to top Go down
Zandar
Immigrant
Zandar

PostSubject: Re: "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic   "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 5:42 pm

Many countries aren't as advanced as the US...

And UK...

And Canada...
Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
Nuczija

PostSubject: Re: "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic   "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 5:47 pm

Chee, Russia is pretty damn advanced, they have hyper-sonic missiles. They also claim to have nukes that can outrun any anti-ballistic missile system.
Back to top Go down
Zandar
Immigrant
Zandar

PostSubject: Re: "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic   "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 5:53 pm

We don't need anti-ballistic missiles to destroy a nuclear warhead. We have a laser-satellite system I learned of from a NASA representative at our school during an assembly... Which I fail to completely recall, but it's there.
Back to top Go down
Proteus616
Immigrant

PostSubject: Re: "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic   "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 6:33 pm

Okay guys keep on topic lol
Back to top Go down
https://ultimatestarwarsrpg.rpg-board.net
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic   "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 6:39 pm

It happens often, Proteus Razz Lmfao. Nuchiha, well kilometres isn't that far in Canada Razz And we already agreed I meant miles. Even if I did go kilometres, it would not matter really. So long as I'm out of the blast radius. But my men wouldn't go like all the way to the hangar Razz So just edit your posts!
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic   "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 6:43 pm

How can you go Miles on a ship that's likely less than 1.5 miles long?
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic   "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 6:48 pm

It is 1,200 metres according to Star Wars Wikia. And I meant a metre Razz
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic   "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 7:32 pm

Chee Huai wrote:
We don't need anti-ballistic missiles to destroy a nuclear warhead. We have a laser-satellite system I learned of from a NASA representative at our school during an assembly... Which I fail to completely recall, but it's there.

You are aware that breaks, an Very Important International Space Treaty, about Weaponizing Space, right?
Back to top Go down
Zandar
Immigrant
Zandar

PostSubject: Re: "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic   "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 7:39 pm

it's not a satellite weapon, it's... I dunno. Can't explain it. A laser that has something to do with the satellite, but not directly.
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic   "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 8:08 pm

Satellite Guided SHARK Lasers
Back to top Go down
Proteus616
Immigrant

PostSubject: Re: "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic   "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:22 pm

So is Nuch even on Mandalore lol
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic   "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:23 pm

Yes he is.
Back to top Go down
Proteus616
Immigrant

PostSubject: Re: "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic   "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:41 pm

oh okay lol kool thanks
Back to top Go down
Proteus616
Immigrant

PostSubject: Re: "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic   "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:53 pm

@Matrok

The Engine room is shielded so if the core goes into meltdown the ship doesn't tear apart, so the shielding contains all explosions within the engine room, but the engine itself is shielded and has foot thick durasteel protecting it, the core has an electromagnetic induction field containing all the unconstrained energy that floats around the core.

Like this
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
Nuczija

PostSubject: Re: "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic   "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 9:25 am

Chee, are you thinking of a plane with a laser on it? If so, it's not in working order yet...

It can take down a missile, yes, a ballistic missile? No. Ballistic missiles are too fast.

And you can't put weapons in space, at all. Even if it's using something in space, it can't be used. The USSR had FORBS but they couldn't use it, sure it wasn't in space, but it used space.
Back to top Go down
Zandar
Immigrant
Zandar

PostSubject: Re: "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic   "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 3:11 pm

No, not planes with lasers on it.

And yes, it can stop a ballistic missile. It happens faster than the blink of an eye.

And no, I cannot further describe it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic   "Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

"Damsel In Distress" OOC Topic
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ultimate Star Wars RPG :: SPACEPORT CANTINA :: Bar-
Jump to: