Ultimate Star Wars RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Star Wars Role Playing Game

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides

Go down 
+2
Nuczija
Felix
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  Empty
PostSubject: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 11:08 pm

Cal Omar glared out of his viewport, overlooking Galactic City. In the distance the sun, at last, had begun to descend into the horizon, bathing the tall spires and towers in an orange yellow glow. From within his private residence at the Presidential Palace, the Chief of State reluctantly awaited word from the Royal Mandalorian Federation. To his regret, his secretary buzzed him. "Yes, Zorah?"

"Mr. President, I'm afraid it is the Royal Mandalorian Federation again. The Prime Minister wishes to speak with you. He says it is a pressing matter."

"Yes, yes. It is always a pressing matter for that bloody Mandalorian. Inform him I'm out of my office at the moment, and will be back later in the week."

"Of course, Sir."

"Yeah, Mr. Prime Minister, the President is currently away from his office. Would you like me to take a message?"

"No, that's all right. I have business to tend to anyhow."

"Very well. The Force be with you then."

"As with you, my dear."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Wait, no!, the President wishes not to be bothered, Your Excellency!" The Chief of State's personal assistant tried to get through the Minister of State's head. The blast doors slid open. A rather troubled man sped to the Chancellor, making insane hand gestures along the way. The man came to find the Chief of State glaring out the window once more.

"There you are! Now listen here, Chief Omar, I am appreciate you more than ever, I support you, and I am utterly faithful to you, but NOW I must speak freely. For far too long you have held off the Mandalorians. But for WHAT? What possible, insane reason could you have to avoid them!? Hmm? It's been years since we've had a single conflict. Now, I don't know if this is a personal vendetta, but to avoid a permanent peace with the Mandalorian Federation is basically putting us on the death toll. Not to mention, it is against everything this government stands for!"

All the President could do was return a light chuckle. "Oh, you need to lighten up, Seranus. You are just as you were when we were children--so eager. That will make you a great leader one day, my friend."

"Do you think this is a joke, Cal? The Jedi can turn on us at any point, and the Galactic Alliance Military is still repairing from the Five Brothers Insurrection. We need allies. But, no. You are too blind to see it. You are as foolish now as you were when we were in Military College! Helping your enemies...pitiful. That is why your father died. You were too naive and weak to understand his conditions. If you were more like me, you could have saved him; you would have been persistent enough to find a cure and save him from his illness!"

"Enough!" The President burst into tears, his heart emotionally stained by Seranus's verbal assault. Fixing himself, he turned around to address the Minister of State. "You listen to me, Minister. I am still your Commander-n-chief for the next four years. Not a thing can change that. And until such time as I give you permission or am no longer in a position of superiority, you will speak to me with some damn respect, or not at all! Is that clear?"

Thus commenced the battle of will. The minister was zealous and didn't tend to give in to persuasion very easily. Conforming to his superior's will, the Minister of State regained his tenor and collectedly replied, "As...as you wish, Your Excellency." The Minister's fists tightened. "And just so we are clear, whatever friendship we once had, is now over.". Seranus left with great haste, the Grand Master of the New Jedi Order and the People's Oligarchy representative in the Galactic Alliance Triumvirate taking his place in the presence of the Chancellor.

"May I ask what that was about, Chief Omar?" The Grand Master inquired.

The President heaved a sigh. "Nothing. Just another power-hungry politician. Seems we can never rid ourselves of the Empire..."

"Worry not, Chancellor. The tides will turn. The Force will reveal what is best fothe Federation as time pasts. Until then, I have accepted to attend a meeting on behalf of the Galactic Alliance offered by the Mandalorian Federation. I informed them the Triumvirate will be there, accompanied by whom the Senate deems worthy to send. Grand Master Iladar is in agreement with this diplomatic mission. Even if you don't like the Mandalorians, it would not hurt to see why they want galactic peace so much."

"Perhaps it wouldn't, but I am still assured that the Federation is up to no good. Why would they want peace now?"

"With all due respect, Chancellor, I support this treaty, and I am a Jedi. We tend to see what those unable to use the Force cannot. Despite the Great Prophecy, I believe the foreseen dangers have nothing to do with making peace with the Federation. It is time to take a stand in the Galaxy. It is time to show the citizens of the universe that even the greatest enemies can come together to bring about an era of tranquillity and hope. Trust my judgement, Chancellor," Grand Master Illador reassured the Chief of State. These were times when just about anything was possible; it was an epoch of technological advancements, and only the Force knew what new technology the Mandalorian Federation contained. If the Galactic Alliance got too close to them, there is the possibility of being stabbed in the back--something the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances couldn't bear at this point in time.

"When has the meeting been scheduled?"

"Tomorrow at daybreak. Be prepared. The Oligarchy Council summons me. You will see me again with the Delegation, on the ship." Those were the last words of the Oligarchy Triumvir before he fled to tend to his responsibilities.

"I truly do believe this is the right thing, Cal. The time draws near."

"I know, Illador, but there's just something in my spirit that is telling me not to go through with it." Cal sighed and shoved his face in his hands. "Eventually, the Senate will push me to make a conclusive decision. You know how they can get if there is one man, especially their leader, against the majority. I fear I will not survive the bashing."

The Jedi clapped the man on his shoulder. "Do not be troubled, Cal. Look to the Force and you will receive an answer. Do not be in haste merely because a petty committee is too impatient and distastes those who rise up against them. Those with such courage should be commended!, not imprisoned. I fear the day draws to an end. Get some sleep. May the Force be with you."

The Grand Master commenced his journey out of the room, but halted as he was in utter shock of the President's response, "As with you, Master Jedi. " Maybe there is hope yet, Illador thought, considering Cal Omar's faith in the Force had quivered all his life. His father taught him not to follow "that wicked path of sorcery, and focus on the books". With that, the Chief of State retired for the night, awaiting the morning to blossom.

Last edited by Martok on Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
Nuczija

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 8:43 pm

(Is it good, bad? Sorry I am indeed some what fatigued and it is probably shoddy.)

The day before the deliberation of the Federations.....

Jurkadir Narir II, the Mand'alore of the Royal Mandalorian Federation was indeed a very powerful person. As he filed through paperwork the sun was shining through his window as it reflected off of his pen. Although technology has replaced such archaic forms of writing, it was more formal. He turned to look at his home, his government, Manda'yaim, or what the rest of the galaxy called Mandalore. His fellow comrade, Duumir Alor, approached his desk. Duumir was once a comrade who he fought along side with during conflict, and now he is head of the security detail.

"Mand'alore..." Duumir stated as the stopped at the end of Jurkadir's desk. "What is it Duumir? Has the Alliance returned word?" Jurkadir said as he turned back to face Duumir. Duumir was very respected, he was one of the few people stated by name. "Yes, but that is not what I am here to discuss." Duumir stated, he had a tad bit serious tone, it was obviously important. "Well, what is it?" Jurkadir replied to his comrade.

Duumir leaned forward as he took out a datapad as he handed it to Mand'alore. It was metallic and obviously rugged in design, it showed obvious signs of heavy use. What was this for?

"We need to discuss security detail." Duumir stated, Jurkadir was obviously surprised, he instated Duumir as head of security detail, not himself. "Duumir, who is the head of my security detail?" Jurkadir replied rather quickly, "Me Mand'alore." Duumir replied. "So why the heck are you having me do security detail?" Jurkadir said, he was getting rather impatient, thinking it was a joke. "We're going into foreign land, you must discuss with the President about security detail so no one gets any weird ideas." Duumir replied hastily. "Isn't this what the Minister of Foreign Affairs is for?" Jurkadir stated, he was being rather exclamatory in his statements now.

"Give this to the Minister of Foreign Affairs and discuss with him." Jurkadir said, as he handed it back to Duumir. "Yes, Mand'alore" Duumir said with grit. He walked almost the entire building, only for his friend to not give enough of a damn about his own safety. "No, better idea. Get the Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs in my office." Jurkadir exclaimed, he pressed a button on his intercom to his Secretary.

--

BZZT!

"We need the Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs, it is imperative." Jurkadir said into the intercom. "Yes Mand'alore." the Secretary replied.

BZZT!

--

"Well, now we wait. Ho- Jurkadir said until he was interrupted by his secretary.

--

BZZT!

"Mand'alore, the Minister of Foreign Affairs is on his way. The Prime Minister is in a meeting with officials from Onderon and the Minister of Defense." the Secretary said.

BZZT!

--

"Well, looks like we will not be as effective during our meeting right here. Shouldn't this be already resolved?" Jurkadir said to Duumir. "Yes, but we should discuss some imperative things, such as what our security detail will be. Duumir said, "I'll bring the whole damn security contingent." Jurkadir said, he was already impatient from what he saw as an unnecessary conversation. "Well, the Alliance has no reason to attack us, and we have no reason to attack them." Duumir replied. "What?! You came in here, and now you believe that it's peaceful? Just set up the damn contingent, the whole contingent." Jurkadir hastily retorted, he was now some what furious because this conversation took time he could've used for other matters.

However, as day turned into night and the star set down the horizon, he needed to be very well rested, tomorrow was an important day indeed. It could stand between galactic peace, and a separated galaxy bickering among each other. He retired to his bedroom pondering on these thoughts.

Before the deliberation of the Federations...

It was nearly day break as Mand'alore was already up and getting prepared for the deliberation. He went to his intercom, there was some vital information he needed.

BZZT!

--

"Has the Alliance told us where to meet yet? I need a damn answer!" he said rather exclamatory and furiously, he needed to know. This could destroy the whole deliberation, and possibly make a decline in relations that he and his ancestor worked so hard on. He stood there, awaiting a reply.
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 12:17 am

in a galaxy far far away.....

Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  250px-Legacy_25_Rasi_Tuum

The night had been long and gruff.

All midnight Cal's bedchamber resonated shrills as the bed was overcome by the ample vibrations of the worried Chief of State tossing to and fro. Despite his inability to utilise the majestic powers of the Force, Omar could have sworn he foresaw the near future during his slumber, no matter how hard he prayed it to be a mere conjuring of his thoughts and nothing more, for his soul could not bear what was to come. He wished he could inform someone of his dream, but what if it turned out to be just that--a dream? How foolish would he look before the Galactic Senate? He would be the Galaxy's Most Eligible Laughingstock! His entire political career would be tarnished, something that would destroy his innermost parts! One thing he was certain of, however, was the fact his dream was undoubtedly a prophecy. A darker power would rise, a power that had been in the depths of the shadows for generations. If they grappled control of the Galaxy, every specimen throughout the universe would be compelled to kneel at their feet. The galactic powers combined could not possibly wind up enough power to eliminate even a single threat of the dark force. Their strength could easily devour a thousand starweirds with one blow. They were the very blanket of death. The sole presence of this terror of the galaxy relieves any mortal of his precious life.

Cal was fully attired in his ceremonial chancery garments, a dazzling gold veda cloth.

Here it was. The time had come. It would not be his first meeting with the leaders of the Royal Mandalorian Federation, but it would certainly be his first formal one. His first grand assemblage with foreign political entities, the first one by which he was expected to exhibit himself as the people-chosen Chief of State. He had to use courtesy, formality, and fancy language just to please the audience, although he had been in objection of the entire arrangement for weeks now, or risk his majority support in the Galactic Senate. He promised to be on his best behaviour just this once. Next time him and that bloody Mandalorian Prime Minister crossed paths, he could assure him one quick hammering to the arse for all the troubles and disarray he caused.

A hum came from his desk. It was the presidential intercom. "Your Grace, the Delegation is demanding your prese--"

Reluctant to hear the endless whining of self-important diplomats who refused to understand preparation took time, and handling the Chancellor took even greater time, the Chief of State heaved a depressing sigh. He inhaled a deep breath, releasing his frustration, and exhaled slowly. Finally, he responded to his loyal, compassionate, attentive secretary, Zorah. "Thank you, Zorah, but inform my esteemed colleagues that if demands such as those persist, I will not even waste my time walking to that infernal contraption they call the A.S.S. Indomitable. It is bad enough I am forced to waste my time attending this diplomatic mission. There are high chances that that bloodthirsty Mandalorian, the Prime Minister, won't allow us to leave alive if we don't accept his proposal. He probably wants us all together so he can vanquish us with a quick exposure to toxic gas."

"Cal, I've had your back for the past thirty years. I, nor would the G.A.I.A., let you walk to your doom. You have to trust me on this one. You'll be safe, I'm sure of that." Under her breath, Zorah muttered, "Now, the Prime Minister's safety from you is another question.."

"Don't fret. I'll try to keep the gloves on."
"Can you believe it?--just the other day we were graduating from Royal Alderaan Academy, and now I'm the Supreme Chancellor, and you my assistant. Amazing how thinks work out."

"Yeah, but may I remind you that I chose to become your Secretary of Personal Internal Affairs because I knew of the pros and the many cons that accompanied the role of Galactic Alliance President? I could have had the opportunity to be elected the Minister of State, but either way I'd be subordinate to you. I much rather work without having to worry about daily evaluations by the Senate."

"Yes, of course. If anything ever happens to me, Zorah, you do remember the Plan, right?"

"Of course, Chancellor."
"Umm.. I think the Delegation will explode if they must be kept waiting any longer. I'll tell them you're coming."

"Marvellous..." At the doors, Cal uttered the words, "Initiate Security Pro 5:24:12:08." The Chief of State performed a combination of a retina scan, hand identification, voice detection, and overall facial detection. Upon the beautiful hum of recognition by the security program, the blast doors hastily parted, allowing Cal to enjoy what he had left of home before boarding the diplomatic craft. The security system was specifically designed by the Omar Administration to ensure top-notch security for the Chief of State's home and personal office. Nobody could get in or out without obtaining prior authorisation from the Chancellor, whereas the President would have to manually input the authorized persons and provide voice and retina clarification. This advanced system ran on its own energy supplier in case of power outages, and the control panel was only accessible via the room itself and Zorah's 'Advanced Global Networking' system.

Cal's stature stiffened as the herald announced his arrival to the assembly of diplomats. The men in uniform stood tall and firm while saluting to the Supreme Chancellor. His sight was rare to the navy ever since the Defence Council kept close relations with the Armed Forces. The Chief of State wasn't even required to oversee galactic roll calls any longer. Noticing there were representatives from Federation-aligned planets and some royalty, his eyes unreadable and his face set in a mask of patrician benevolence; the Cathar studied the envoys and their accompaniments. Some ambassadors brought their consorts, others their fellow diplomats who yearned to see the Chancellor in person for so long. Cal nodded his head at all those he passed until reaching the Triumvirate and the leaders of the Six Councils at last. "So this is the Indomitable. A fine piece of work it is. I see the modernisation program is blossoming more than ever. Wouldn't you say so yourself, Chief Kova Zash?"

brought to you by stalkmeredneck of caution 2.0

Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
Nuczija

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 5:21 pm

Jurkadir was in his private quarters, he was attaching various pieces of armor to himself. The Prime Minister rushed into his quarters for whatever reason. "Mand'alore! Shouldn't you be more formally dressed?" Prime Minister Baatir exclaimed, Jurkadir was insulted by his demands! Jukadir simply exhaled, seething some of his frustration into it. "It is tradition! Have you forgotten where you came from?" Mand'alore Narir II retorted, how can he be ignorant of his people's tradition? Sure, Narir wasn't going around, declaring war and partaking in many battles, but it does not mean they should forget everything they know. "This is a deliberation! Not a war meeting!" Prime Minister Baatir replied, he was showing anger, Jurkadir could not understand where his anger was originating from. "Baatir, calm down. You too are of Mandalorian blood, have you forgotten our ways?" Mand'alore Narir II said, trying to restrain himself from exclaiming or shouting at his Prime Minister. Prime Minister Baatir was trying to think of a way to say his next sentence without angering Mand'alore. "Yes, I have. These are [i]new[/u] times, we can't force ourselves into the times of old." Prime Minister Baatir replied. "Its tradition!" Mand'alore Narir II replied hastily, "It's uncivilized, and barbaric tradition!" Prime Minister Baatir retorted, "Ignorance! There is more to our ways, than spilling blood. I suggest you ask an elder." Mand'alore Narir II replied hastily, he was about to speak again until Prime Minister Baatir spoke first. "Enough of this arguing, I need to check on the Ministers and make sure we are ready." Prime Minister Baatir said, abruptly leaving and ending the conversation.

Mand'alore Narir II was frustrated, but he was trying his best to keep his emotions under control. He continued to put pieces of his armor on, it wasn't for protection necessarily, it was for tradition. Narir hopes that the Alliance delegation will accept his tradition, he does have honest intentions. As he finally put on, and sealed his helmet, he was finally ready to meet with the Alliance's delegation. As he exited his private chambers he went towards an intercom, he pressed the button and selected an option on the subsequent screen. "Susulur, where is the deliberation going to take place?" Mand'alore Narir II asked his secretary, Susulur. "Coordinates O-9 is the meeting ground. When you are ready board the "R.M.S Aranar", Mand'alore" Susulur replied. "Thanks Susulur." Mand'alore Narir II said, switching to a communications system located inside of his armor. He began to walk down the halls of the Royal Capital Building, he was being followed and watched by various guards throughout the building, some in uniform some disguised as civilians. As he exited a side of the building to a private space port for government officials, he entered a shuttle with some guards. The shuttle would bring them to the R.M.S Aranar at Fort Motir. It wasn't a fort really, it was an entire complex. He took a seat in the shuttle as the ramp began to come up and close.

The shuttle was relatively fast, traveling at hundreds of kilometers per hour. It wasn't that much of a trip to Fort Motir. The shuttle would land in the R.M.S Aranar, or Royal Mandalorian Starship Aranar. It was a refurbished Ardent-Class Fast Frigate, well, it was actually a reverse-engineered Ardent of Mandalorian design. It was called the Atiniir-Class Frigate. The frigate would begin to ascend into space, hyperdrive warming up and calculations set to go to "O-9". Mand'alore Narir II turned towards Prime Minister Baatir, "How do you feel about this deliberation?" Mand'alore Narir II inquisitively stated. "Well, we could always go to the Empire..." Prime Minister Baatir replied. "What is your fascination with the Empire? They wish to destroy us!" Mand'alore Narir II exclaimed at his Prime Minister, what foolishness! The frigate entered hyperspace to "O-9", it was cleared and the crew knew where they were going, and even what planet it was.
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 2:27 am

Emperor Stark sat silently in the Imperial Citadel. Stark was an middle ages humans, with black-going on gray hair. The stress of being an Emperor has taken it's toll on the man. He sat at a round table with a myriad of Admirals, Generals & directors. Each one, and invaluable piece of the Empire's war machine. Thou one seat happened to be vacant. The waiting had gone on long enough. If ISB was going to call a meeting, the bastards better be their.
"Enough!" Shouted out Stark, taking the conjuration by surprise. "Where is Farinir? We have waited far too long for this stupid mans, oh so important meeting."

As If almost on cue, the doors to the Briefing room swung open stood there, was the incredibly smug Director of the ISB. "Sorry for being late."

"Sit down, and hurry up with this meeting of yours." Stark said, overly annoyed with Farinir. "As I will, my lord." Farinir took a file from his seat, throwing it over to the Emperor. "In this file, we will find, something of interest. to you atleast."

Stark sighed, disappointed with Farinir's attitude towards his Emperor. If it wasn't of the man's amazing ability to stop ISB from killing everybody, left, right & centre. Then Farinir would of found himself the subject of an open Airlock. But sadly the man was a necessary evil among the Empire.

Stark picked up the file, and skimmed the first few pages. It was ... interesting indeed. many thoughts ran threw Stark's head of what this could mean. An Alliance against the Empire, between the two largest powers in the Galaxy, would be bad to say the least. This Alliance could force his hand, and start a war. But hell, if there was a war. Stark knew he's bleed them dry before they got anywhere. The Empire was grand, and there was no equal. "This Alliance-" Was all Stark could get out before being Interrupted by Farinir.

"It's not Alliance my lord. It's a Union." he said, drawing eyes from some of the more inane Admirals. " Is hard as it to believe, this is no Alliance, it is a peaceful union between to powers, to organise some sort of Galactic governing body. Apparently the brain-child of Cal Omar himself, the Mandalorians seem rather ... supportive of this them selfs."

"Is this all we know?" Stark asked, reeving a nod from Farinir. "I've been trying to do this for decades, and out of the blue they do it behind our backs? This could be interesting. Farinir, get your contacts within the Federation, to give you the details of this meeting."

"It will be done my lord." Farinir said, followed with a Salute. With in seconds he was gone and the room irrupted into chaos.
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:26 pm

in a galaxy far far away.....

Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  250px-Alderaan

[font=garamond]Inquisitive eyes peered over the lush, mountainous subject dead ahead. Never before had President Omar been attracted to something so naturally. Its natural beauty and persistent harmony grasped all souls forthwith. Upon sighting, it was obvious this world had unique history behind it. Many of Cal's cohorts still questioned the location of this diplomatic encounter. Why exactly were they here? Where was here for that matter? "It never does change," he mused spellbound, stroking his furry chin as he strode across the enormous bridge into its sole turbolift. Before the glass door sealed itself, the Chief of State's peaceful state was dissolved, as if via emergency powers in the case of the Dissolution of the Senate, by his presidential entourage. Now no less than ten specimens stood aside the President of the Senate as the lift made its descent. A female-programmed AI emerged from nothingness.

Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  2cblu1

=^= Greetings Chiefs, Advisers of Staff. Honourable Triumvirs, Admiral Tonuk and the crew of the Indomitable extend thank you for choosing this vessel among many as your desired form of transportation. The Admiral wishes you well in your endeavour to make a permanent peace in the Galaxy. =^=

The Artificial Intelligence diffused into its inherent state of oblivion.

Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  180px-Planetsh
Omar's company joined his fellow Triumvirs at the hangar bay. Everybody prepared themselves for boarding the beautiful Majestic, the President's personal Eddicus-class planetary shuttle.

Cal called for his Minister of Defence several times, but to no avail. "Where is the Chief of Defence?" the President demanded.

brought to you by stalkmeredneck of caution 2.0

Back to top Go down
Bone
Immigrant
Bone

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:24 am

Bone was here due to the Chief of Defence being absent, so they called the Jedi in to coordinate security. Cal Omar had arrived, and Bone approached him in the most professional way possible. Cal asked where the Chief was. Bone bowed, a friendly gesture.

'Um, sir? I'm sorry, but the Chief will not be here tonight. I'm here to stand in and coordinate security.'
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:31 am

President Omar regarded the Jedi Knight. Why was he not informed of these change of events? He made a personal note to discuss little matters such as these with the Triumvirate. "I understand. How does security detail look for this evening? I don't any surprises. What reinforcements do we have standing by, and what escorts?"
Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
Nuczija

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:33 pm

As the R.M.S Aranar exited hyperspace above the planet, the crew fully knew where they were. They would never bring Mand'alore, and the Prime Minister to an unknown area. It was an Independent system laying between the G.F.F.A and the R.M.F.. They had arrived pretty quickly, they were in an Assault Frigate, which was meant for a rapid responsive strike.

Mand'alore Narir II and Prime Minister Baatir were quiet, they stopped talking to each other. But why? They had two arguments today, but that wasn't professional to simply ignore the other. "Prime Minister, please follow me." a supercommando asked him, he was escorted to another shuttle, they both would exit at separate intervals so they won't both die in one swift movement. They each had a single fireteam of supercommandos, there was a third "general security detachment", which was another fireteam.

The frigate would be barely grazing the orbit of the planet to shorten the travel time of the shuttles. The Prime Minister's shuttle exited first, landing at the place of deliberation. "What if the Republic... Attacks for whatever reason?" Mand'alore Narir II asked his head of security. "The entire Royal Mandalorian Marine force is at REDCON-2, some detachments are at REDCON-1. They'll react immediately and reinforcements will arrive in 15 minutes notice." Alore said.

Mand'alore Narir II nodded in approval of his comrade's caution. The shuttle soon took off when the Prime Minister confirmed he had landed and entered the building. The Prime Minister would be waiting for Mand'alore and the Alliance's representative. As Mand'alore's shuttle took off and was on-route, an Eddicus shuttle was detected leaving the Alliance's ship. Hopefully this meeting would go by quickly.
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 4:31 pm

"Mister President, time is of the essence. We must hurry to the planet," urged prestigious Grand Master Illador of the New Jedi Order. A man of humble and tranquil backgrounds, yet ambitious and willing to do whatever he must to accomplish peace. But what if this wasn't the peace he believed it to be? What if there was a greater truth behind this union? Despite his cohorts' claims that the Mandalorian Federation truly desired galactic unity, President Omar's certitude in this diplomatic gathering being a Machiavellian façade--a decorative exhibition--would not tremble.

Cal cleared his throat and nodded at the Jedi. "Who is this man standing in the place of my beloved Supreme Commander, anyway? Who gave you authorisation to take on such a role, and how am I sure that I can trust you, Chief?"
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 1:47 pm

"My Lord, Director Farinir is here to see you, again." One of Starks many many aides said. Emperor Stark was resting on the Empire's Stealth Cruiser, Hidden Beauty. It wasn't stealth in the way most people would assume, instead the ship was designed simply not to be seen, the entire ships acts as a Faraday's cage. Thus, increasing the ships ability to hide it's self among the stars. Stark used the Hidden Beauty for meetings of grand importance with his Chief of Staffs. If anything from War, to some elaborate Super-Solider Program were to happen, it would start on this very ship.

Stark's quarters where the very finest on the ship. While the quarters for the crew, and other VIP's. Where simply Spartan. Of course the Admirals, General & Directors, never had to share a bunk, so there was some difference between the them & the crew. But Stark's was different, it was massive in it's own right, thou it was literately just Holography. It was simply too dangerous to have actual luxuries, so with the push of a few buttons, the entire room could be changed from a King's Palace to a beach side Condo.

Thou Stark has been awoken by one of his Aides. Stark was one who didn't like being woken up. But, Farinir, in all his gloriness probably had something of great importance to say, if he did not. Stark would need a new Director for ISB. The Emperor donned his robe, and ushered in Farinir.

"What is so important you wake me at this godforsaken hour?" Stark asked.

"My sources within the Mandalorian Federation, have been most forthcoming with my, shall we say 'requests'. " Farinir replied.

A smile starting growing across Stark's mouth. "I take it by that, you mean you have the Coordinates for the meeting?"

"Very much so my Lord. I've disposed of any agents who knew of this, good agents shame to see them go. But needs must."

Stark nodded in agreement, then continued. "Good good, input the Coordinates in the Navi-Computer, call me when the meeting starts."

"It will be done."
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 3:21 pm

"Your Highness, a course has bee laid in the computer. Would Your Grace mind if I ask what message is to be delivered to the Galactic Federation? Certainly, we will catch them by surprise. There is no telling what could come of it," Director Farinir reported over the intercom. What would they do? Suppose it was to be a private meeting and by invitation only? The Galactic Alliance could very well blast them to bits as soon as they dropped out of hyperspace. He awaited the guidance of his one, true lord.
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 3:33 pm

Stark had to actually think about this, he had been so worked up waiting for this moment, that he'd never realised his actions could lead to a war. "We aren't going there to start a war, no. I want peace & unity with powers that be. Tell them the truth. But ... We will take precautions. If things going sour, it's beast we aren't hit with out pants down.

Have a Destroyer follow us thru. I will remain on the Beauty, while my Holo-duplicate can contact the delegation, if things go as planned, I will go planetside."
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 8:30 pm

The director's hologram bowed before His Imperial Highness as his orders were given. As you wish, my liege. I will return when I have news.
Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
Nuczija

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 7:17 pm

Grand Master Illador was at the deliberation acting as a representative for the Jedi. The only person currently missing was the Chairman of the Oligarchy. The GFFA was headed by a triumvirate with the heads of each alliance. The Republic was the dominant power within the GFFA, being the largest and having the most resources. They did in a sense represent the GFFA. Illador knew this, he still held respect for the Republic, even when they were at the worst of times. Such as under the oppressive Mandalorian Empire.

He heard Cal state his concern about his Jedi, Illador had to intervene before some sort of hostility was present. "Cal, I do believe the Supreme Commander is currently absent and pre-occupied. So I assigned a Jedi personally, I do believe you can trust him." Grand Master Illador said.
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 8:52 pm

G.A.S. Terror of the Night

The Terror of the Night, a far newer version of the original Republic's cloaked starship, captained by the utmost loyal Commodore Torik with the sole goal of acting as reinforcements for any Triumvir Delegation and defending the Chief of State and his cohorts, had been patrolling and scanning the system for the past week in preparation for the summit. If a single security risk was detected, her head would pay the consequences, be it physically or verbally. Now was the moment of anticipation. The shuttles had shot off from their respective ships and on route to the giant planet. The one question that bobbled through her mind and others: why this planet? What was so special about this planet that the Chief of State would choose it in particular? Surely, Naboo would have been a far better location for this meeting. This world was in lesser condition considering the amount of wars it undergone, even after receiving its freedom from the grasp of the cruel Emperor. Just pronouncing the name sickened the redhead commodore and made her crew crave for Imperial blood. Alas, since the day the New Jedi Order was at a loss of great numbers and strength, the Academy had been instructing the new cadets to understand the principle of peace and the mandate of the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances. They used their fire power to ensure the galaxy peace, not ensure a constant whirlpool of turmoil and darkness. The Terror of the Night kept a safe distance from the Mandalorian Federation. As the galaxy advanced in technology, it could be easier for the Mandalorian Royalists to detect ripples in space. Then again, the Galactic Alliance had its fair share of advancement itself. Regardless, the commodore concluded not to condone with such a fatal action that could compromise the entire mission.

The Majestic

"I hope you are certain, Master Jedi. If anything harms the delegates this day, you will pay the price," replied the presidential triumvir. He walked away to speak with his advisers and tend to his daily responsibilities.

Their diplomatic vessel took flight, plotting in a course for the planet. After catching sight of President Omar's hand gesture, a crewman nodded and opened a communications link with the Royal Mandalorian Federation. Once the transmission was stable, the Chief of State was given permission to speak freely. "Esteemed Leaders of the Royal Mandalorian Federation, I present unto you the one, the only, formerly a place of slavery and Imperialism, the harmonic New Alderaan." The sun dazzled upon the crafts as they entered orbit. The Delegation was not expecting any cameras or news networks, considering the utmost sacredness of the meeting at hand. As the shuttle reached closer and closer to the landing platform, so did Cal reach closer and closer to a state of endless nerve-racking. To his rather melancholy delight, the Minister of State squirmed through the crowd of politicians and patted the Chief of State on his shoulder. Leaning over, he whispered slowly, "Think about it, Your Excellency. In half an hour, you will sign the Agreement...and there shall be peace." The minister chuckled, retreating into which doth he came. "Scoundrel," said Omar grudgingly. In a half an hour, the Minister of State would find himself in the ship's brig.

The ramp clamped against the ground, and the delegates disembarked the shuttle. Everyone was silent until the Chief of State made the initial greeting. Bowing, the President solemnly declared, "Officers of the Royal Mandalorian Federation, welcome to what was formerly known as, the Heart of the Republic!"
Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
Nuczija

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 8:14 pm

R.M.S Aranar

Aboard the R.M.S Aranar, the atmosphere was quite tense as the delegation took place. Sure, the meeting was for peaceful purposes, and have taken place dozens of times before, but the elections were only so recently, so there were new faces. There wasn't anything telling them what would happen. "Sir!" a man spoke towards another, from his uniform it could be told he was in the Mandalorian Marines and was a First Lieutenant. "What is it, Lieutenant?" the man said, his uniform bared the insignia of a Major. "We might, or might not be... Alone." the Lieutenant said, his voice getting more monotonous as he spoke. "So, the Empire has brought in the cloaks?" the Major replied sternly, this was a very serious situation at hand! If the Empire was sending in a cloaked ship, there was only one reason, reconnaissance... Possibly assassination, but that'd be suicide, right? These thoughts rushed through the Major's head until his Lieutenant replied. "Yes, but we can't deduce their allegiance. They seem to have arrived from the same vector as the Alliance's ships." the Lieutenant replied. "Report to Intelligence, this is a very urgent matter!" the Major said, his voice sharply increasing in volume. "Ye... Yes sir!" the Lieutenant said as he hurried off.

New Aldeeranian Delegation

As the Royal Mandalorian delegates were waiting for their Alliance counterparts, their shuttles had finally landed. As the shuttle hit the ground with its landing gear, it was quiet, metal on stone wasn't all that loud. The oxygen being ejected from the shuttle, was highly toned, to make the pressure from the cabin equal to the atmosphere. The hydraulics moving to open the ramps as it clamped onto the ground as it essentially fell loosely. Everyone was silent until the Alliance delegate spoke, and making a bow.

Mand'alore Narir II, did not return the bow, he knew the bow was to respect his culture. He approached the President, extending his hand for a handshake, which was customary in Republic business and political culture. For some reason, in their customs a bow wasn't normal, this was strange to Narir II, but then again they were in different areas of the galaxy. "It is great to the see the new delegates of the Republic, will the Oligarchy or Jedi be attending?" Mand'alore Narir II said, referring to the recent elections. It was his first time meeting these new officials.
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:43 am

The rank and position of First Star Commander, was a covered and revered one. It denoted the holder as someone who had served their Empire to it's fullest, and then some. Unlike many other positions in the Imperial Navy, no one could simply jump to this position, due to a bribe, or having a connection in high places. To be given this, the Emperor himself would appoint it. As a First Star Commander, these fine men & women, could choose any Command they wished. They were looked up to by the lower ranking members of the Imperial Navy. Something to achieve in life. To mean something.

First Star Commander Roland Ranns, was just one of these very select few. He captained the Emperor's personal prized jewel, the Hidden Beauty, the fist and currently only kind of her class, Emperor-Class Stealth Cruisers. Only roughly fifty-seven people in the entire Empire know that this ship exists.

Unlike the ships many predecessors, it doesn't have a conventional cloaking device. It's clocking systems, run along the lines of a Faraday Cage, the ship is 'hidden' inside the Cage, and because of this, the ship can not send out any sort of emissions to be detected by an searching ship. In theory there is no way of actually detecting the 50-meter long craft.

It's engines, never powered fully, so as to help keep the stealth field. While one could look out of a porthole and look out into space, and see the ship. The Chances of that happening are one and a infinity. Space is vast, to vast to see a 50-meter long ship crawling threw space.

"Release docking clamps" Ranns ordered.

The Bridge, which held all of seven people, came to life. Screens activated, several consoles activated, which where promptly manned by the six other crew on the Bridge. Even more displays activated, this made the room have a Bright-white Bridge have a slightly purplish hint to it. Most of the displays showed status's to the each crewman's station, giving them everything he needed.

"Docking clamps unlocked, stealth field maintained, engines operating at 15% of total capacity." replied the ships Ancilla. It, or well she. As the Artificial Intelligence has Feminine programming, had no name, other than Ancilla. It's name suited it's use, and her predicament.

"Understood, contact the Cruiser Hoodlingten, tell her to follow us in. The Emperor, or one of his aides, will inform us of any further orders, when they are required. Dismissed." Ranns ordered.
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 9:43 am

A Diplomatic Endeavour

"Of course, Your Graces. Allow me to introduce Master Illador, Grand Master of the New Jedi Order." The Grand Master stepped forward and bowed graciously.

"And--" The Chancellor was so rudely interrupted by the only appointment had ever regretted, the Minister of State. "Seranus, Minister of State. I'm afraid the third Triumvir had to tend to matters of state back home. I hope my presence will be acceptable in his stead?"

Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
Nuczija

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:43 pm

(OOC: I apologize for the delay, it has been a grievous inconvenience to the site's activity.)

The Mandalorians

This was a momentous occasion, despite the Mand'alor's mindset. He had been pressed for weeks to attend this Union. Wanting to preserve what reputation, honour, and strength the Royal Mandalorian Federation held, Narir couldn't seem to conform to an idea of a united galaxy. How would it work at all? Who would command the joint forces? He was raised in a community where pride and honour was deemed sacred. And for what? To join a simpleton group of unionists that would inevitably lead to its own destruction? No! He could not bear to have his pride and joy be turned into some mockery by the Galactic Alliance's idiotic assembly of rambling fools, but it was his people's wish. As one of the most prominent people in their government, he could not refuse those that fight for his protection everyday. Perked up by the thought of motivation from his humble servants, Narir bowed before the esteemed guests and managed a smile.

"I am Narir The Second, Manda'lor of the Royal Mandaloiran Federation. A ple--"

"Why, hello, Chief Omar, Master Jedi. It is absolutely an honour to see you once more!" proclaimed a Mandalorian descending from the escort craft, interrupting the Manda'lor. He opened his arms wide, embracing the atmosphere and all that had amassed for the special day. "My peace be with you. How was the flight?"

Chief Omar gleamed as he saw the man, holding back his true feelings. In the end, he viewed them all as warmongers. Hopefully, this meeting would prove him wrong. "It was quite...stellar, as a matter of fact. Though there were but a few viewports, I managed to take a peak at the stars when possible. Now, my Administration took the liberty of preparing a place for us." The Chief turned to the Minister of State. "Minister?"

The Galactic Federation

Seranus nodded, the bitterness in his eyes glowing amidst the atmosphere. Producing a half-wicked smile, he looked at a structure that loomed overhead. "My apologies, Chancellor, Mandalorian Delegates, but our meeting will not proceed anywhere on this planet....but above!" Seranus moved his arms to a vast building in space. "New Alderaan's own prized orbital mansion!" The delegates awed in unison. The luminescence of the stars outlined the structure's conformation. It was one of the most beautiful things ever seen by the diplomatic corps of either government.

Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  1000px-ToydariaPalace-SL

Seranus was the first to set foot upon the stunning edifice. Along with its unique properties, the mansion served as a secondary defence platform for the planet, although it wasn't obvious without thoroughly scanning the mansion. It housed some of the Galactic Alliance's greatest weaponry in history. Due to the beatitude of the manor, New Alderaan was determined to do anything within its power to keep it from harm's way. "Watch your step, Your Excellencies." Walking, Seranus let the diplomats know of the history behind the mansion, considering he was one of the brilliant minds behind the project. "Over thirty of the Alliance's brightest, including myself, collaborated to establish Alderaan's jewel. Constructed with built-in defence systems and the latest technology, the mansion serves as a monument and testimony to the Alderaan of old. Indeed, this is all that is left of the Old Republic. Please follow me this way," explained the minister. Following a brief tour of the chateau, the delegates finally came to a halt and joined in the mansion's living room.

The Prime Minister

"This is truly something, minister, but I believe many questions have been raised pertaining to the reason behind this gathering. You see, it is out of no simple desire to 'hang', if you will, that I have called this meeting, but it is something far beyond such. It is a conference to deliberate an idea that had struck me several years ago when I was but a politician in the sidelines. That idea carved the Mandalorian Federation, and it shall carve the path of the future of this galaxy. This proposal will safeguard our most cherished beliefs. It will lead us to be in one accord. The corruption that plagues not only the Galactic Alliance, but the Royal Mandalorian Federation amongst its various minor factions, will never take root again. A strong and growing military will ensure the laws of peace when deemed necessary by a joint assembly of our leaders. It is time to turn our backs on the past and look towards a brighter future. I hereby propose the first Galactic Union Agreement!" Fingers snapped, Mandalorian servants gave the leaders of the Galactic Alliance datapads to review this agreement. If anything were to work, it would need to be in writing initially. "Now, if we could get this to work, ladies and gentlemen, we would have made history and prepared a united future for the generations to come."

Chief of State

"Ahem. Personally, I am not for yet another empire. We already have one and it took nearly five centuries to make peace with them. Even this day we are unsure what status we hold with the Imperials. They are too...game-changing. Also, why invite us to this conference if your only plan is to control the Galactic Alliance!?" Illador had to hold the Chief back from saying further words that could permanently damage the Alliance's relationship with the Royal Mandalorian Federation. Omar couldn't contain himself any longer; he disliked the idea of a union no matter what was said about it. He already foresaw the criticism he would receive from the Senate, but that troubled him not, for he had greater things to worry about, such as the Prophecy. The interpretation of the prophecy was yet to be determined. Illador offered his apologies and awaited the Prime Minister's response to the Chancellor's inquiry. It was imperative the Galactic Alliance knew every little detail if this treaty was to be enacted.
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 1:07 pm

The Imperial Assault Cruiser Hood, made a grand entrance into the system. These ships designed for the purpose of Planetary invasion, for this they carried many weapon systems designed to bombard planet, fighter support to rival that of an entire planet and enough assault shuttles to send down several hundred thousands Imperial Marines or Imperial Stromtroopers. The ship created an massive rift in space as it entered the system at the edge of the star system. Unable to go in any further due to the ships seize, coupled with the systems gravity meant the systems edge was as far as the ship could go in.

The rift stayed open for several minutes as the massive vessel was propelled threw the portal via it's many Ion Engines, The portals short life came to an end as the ship finished it's venture threw the hyperspace portal.

Unlike protocol would dictate the Hood was on her lonesome, devoid of her usual Fleet escort in favour of Diplomacy. It would be bad for the Galactic powers, if an Imperial Assault Fleet entered the system out of the blue, that was currently home to a diplomatic event of great importance.

Observation Bridge / Imperial Assault Cruiser Hood / Current time.

"We have arrived in the system, Admiral." Lt. Commander Aria Onaisa stated.

"Aye, indeed we have." The Admiral said, staring out into space. "Notify the Hondo Gorges she is to grant the Celestial access." Fleet Admiral Seren Massimeno stated, using what could be considered useless cryptic message techniques, to hide the real intentions of this voyage to this system.

"It is done." Aria reported.

The Admiral an aged Bothan, a veteran of many a battle in Imperial Service, continued to look out into space. Seren wasn't sure why, but he liked the way the stars looked threw the transparent bulkheads, it felt like he was in space, but he knew deep inside his mind, in the event of danger several hundred tonnes of safety bulkheads would smash down, hiding his 'real' view. It tuck away the enjoyment.

"No doubt the Alliance & Mandalorian forces are already mobilising for battle, them selfs curious of out entrance. If we receive any communicaes, which of course we will, route them down here, to the Observation Bridge."

The Twi'lek officer looked down and worked on her Datapad for several second. "Also done, sir." she paused for a second, then turned to see the Admiral, "Is there anything else you require of me sir?"

"No, not right now, thank you Commander, you are dismissed."
Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
Nuczija

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 7:08 pm

"Well, Chief Omar, of course your concern is heard and held, invaluably." Prime Minister Baatir replied to his counterpart, Chief of State Omar. He held a datapad himself which contained the same information as the ones handed to the Alliance representatives. "By retaining majority control over this union, we can attempt to erase various debts held by the Alliance, private or public, and if not possible use the Royal Treasury to do so." Prime Minister Baatir said, unfortunately the mention of their debt probably would not be enough to sway the Alliance. However he only needed 2 out of the 3 in the triumvirate. "Proving military prowess, multiple times, we can not only modernize, but make a military type renaissance, combining our knowledge of our petty conflicts. We can make a better government, for everyone." Prime Minister Baatir added to his previous statement.

The situation in space

"Anything to report operator?" the admiral requested from his sensors operator. "Nothing sir! Oh, wait. There's a single ship, assault cruiser!" the Sensors Operator shouted at the admiral. "Sith spit! Put the Rapid Reaction Regiment on a sever line! Notify the delegation! Order the crew into battle positions!" the Admiral shouted at his sensors operator and the communications officer. A communications line was sent to the Republic fleet and the Mandalorian delegation back on the ground. Only time and fate could tell if everyone left the area alive.
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: A New Beginning: Friend or Foe?   Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 11:30 pm

A New Beginning: Friend or Foe?

Galaxus Viceroy

Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  Chantique_scar
___________________________________________|
0200 Hours |
Art Deco Plaza, Apartment 3002, New Alderaan |
________________________________________ |

Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  Incom_10

Gathered before Director Nexus as she flew her cloaked craft via hologram were the major department heads of Federation Intelligence; Lukas Jureau, human Director-General of the Senate Bureau of Intelligence, Anea Kutilek, Bothan Director of Alliance Intelligence, and Federation Intelligence Operations Command, in which were individuals whose identities were hidden even from the Senate. The opportunity to even speak with Operations Command was rare to all but the Intelligence Director. Some agents barely knew such a board existed, and even if they possessed such knowledge, they would have no clue who were those within the shadows.

"Remember your orders, Director. Get in and ensure maximum protection of the Delegation. If anything goes wrong, we will not be here to contact. Use what skills you have learned. If anything happens to the Triumvirs, you will be responsible, whether you are caught on the scene or not. Is that understood?" Operations Command inquired. To them, an agent's hidden identity and success of a task was worth tenfold than any victim of a murder.

"Understood."

"Now, Chantique--"

"Chantique? My name is--"

"I know your name, Director. Chantique Katari is who you are for this field mission. No one must know of your assignment, not even a fellow agent. I fear we may have a leak in your division. Only your most trusted field agents have been informed of your tasks and are also being kept under close surveillance by Alpha Blue."

Galaxus tensed once she heard her own were being spied upon. She felt many emotions, but of those, one took precedence above all--betrayal. Did the motto, "United We Stand, Divided We Fall" have no value within the Alliance any more? Then again, desperate times called for desperate measures. She heaved a brief sigh, relaxing her mind and easing up. Firmly, her head bobbed in acknowledgement of Director Anea's words.

"I'm glad you understand the importance of this mission. We couldn't have had a better agent in your branch. For the duration of the Conference, you take up residence at the Art Deco Plaza, Apartment 3002. I've spoken with your Royal Advisers back on Falleen, and I think it will be to your liking. Our scientists did the best they could, and are attempting to replicate the same concept on Falleen as we speak."

"Excuse me, Director, but why would scientists be needed for apartment decorations?"

"My dear, patience is a virtue. You will see soon enough. Finally, a certain someone could not allow you to complete this alone. He said you required guidance, guidance of a supernatural source. I am unsure what he meant, but we know you will be pleased to see him. The coordinates of the hotel have already been implemented into your navicomputer. Continue to approach the planet cloaked. The module added to yours should allow you to slip right passed our very own planetary sensors from now on, so you won't find Customs to be a nuisance. Be well, Director. And have fun." The transmission discontinued, any data left of the communication terminated from her ship's database. As her stealth X-wing approached the Plaza, her mind utterly drifted away from the mission, the man Anea spoke about taking its place. She had seen all her subjects and counsellors during her last visit to Falleen. Who else was left other than the exotic female dancers she dared not associate herself with?

Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  Art_de11

The starfighter landed upon the rooftop of the Plaza. The hood popped up, and Galaxus jumped out of the craft. To the naked and compensated eye alike, however, 'Chantique' would have been seen as jumping out of mere thin air. She followed the directions on her Datapad, striding towards the secret entrance.

"Does nothing ever change with you, Hotshot?" inquired a man with a deep voice. She looked up and saw a male Cathar. Immediately, her face beamed alike the three suns over Alderaan.

"Sylvar, my friend, my mentor!" Galaxus fell upon her knees and kissed his hand. "It has been years since I last saw you. How's Falleen and the rest of my people?"

"Greetings, Nexus. I cannot believe my eyes. You have grown ever so much. Your father would be proud." Realising his words, he exhaled a dry cough and leaned in near her ear. "Your real father."
Galaxus nodded understandingly and embraced the sight of her former counsellor with a firm and compassionate hug. "So they sent you?"

Sylvar chuckled and shook his head. "No, my dear. They simply made the arrangements. I came on my own accord. Child, your powers are far beyond what you have realised. You have been in the military field for far too long that you have not received training in several months. It is time I reignite your passion and allow you to explore your truest form. It is time that you completely master the Force itself. It shall take time, but know this: I will be with you every step of the way. As I was in your past, I am now in your present, and I do not believe on going anywhere."

"The night is old. Let us take shelter in your new chambers."

"So we must. I heard it was state of the art."

"Oh, believe me, it is jaw-dropping. I guarantee a few years from now it will be used as a command bunker, but, until then, welcome to your temporary home."

Three sets of blast doors opened, smoke swiftly escaping its previously encased prison. Once the cloudy substance had vanished, the duo advanced to a golden door. Just as Galaxus reached to grasp the handle, her former mentor tapped her hand with the intent of showing her how it was done. He entered the passcard, a series of codes, and had her perform a retina scan.

=^= Access Confirmed: Galaxus Viceroy. Level 10 Agent...Full Access Given. =^=
The director marvelled at the beauty and sanctity of the urban alcove. Just when her day had brightened at last, SIRI delivered tidings of great joy...

Siri: =^= Red Alert: Incoming Imperial Assault Cruiser. Location: Rear of the Federation of the Fleet.
Target Destination: Unknown. It does not appear to be an element of a fleet.
Planetary Shield is online and ready to be activated at your command,
Director. =^=

"Always a pleasure to hear that. Send a message to all Federation starships. They will only fire on my orders. Level 10 Clearance, under Executive Order Division, 98700C-TK51. Failure to abide will result in immediate temporary relief."

"I rather not have to deal with these militant imbeciles when I'm trying to do my job. Hail the Assault Cruiser."

=^= I've opened a channel with them - audio only. They cannot trace the source of this communication. Speak when ready. =^=

Inhaling a final breath, Galaxus prepared to engage in 'peace' negotiations with the Empire--what waste of time that would be. Anyhow, it was protocol. If the Force was with them, perhaps, they would get lucky and have yet another day to prep their forces to face the Imperials on the battlefield one glorious day.

"Attention, Imperial Assault Cruiser, as you are aware, this is glorious Federation Space. Identify yourself and state your reason for such intrusion upon sacred talks! You are susceptible to a full inspection or risk the full penalty of the Law. You have sixty seconds to respond."

Last edited by Martok on Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 4:41 am

The Fleet Admiral's displayed suddenly changed, as the IAC Hood was hailed. 'Tuck your time', the Admiral thought to himself. He stood still, and listened to the message the Galactic Federation had sent to the ship. The Admiral put his mind to work, and quickly analyzed the message. Stroking his chin, as he thought aloud.

"As per, the Alliance continues to follow in the foot-steps of their past selfs." The admiral said, he voice rough from smoking. "Aswell as attempting to strong arm their way into subduing us, showing the fact of the Federation Navy's sheer incompetence. A shame really, they make fine ships, but pathetic commanders. All barrels it is".

The Admiral pressed a button on his display, making the channel a two-way conversation. Then began. "This is the Imperial ship Hood, we've come on diplomatic terms, but it seems you people never seem to learn. Always ready to shoot the messenger, then loot his corpse. Your scans will have already told you before you even made conversation, that this ship's weaponry are as cold as space her self, and there is not a single Sub-fighter or landing craft on board. Yet, you still seem to see everything one, and anything not in Federation colors, your sworn enemy. It's very uncivilized of the people who 'claim' to be the protectors of peace.

So, who am I talking to? Your evidently female, so your not a Naval Commanders, that's clear, neither are you a Diplomat. You're manner is ... quite un-diplomatic. Heh. So you're either a Spook or you're something completely different. So, what are you?"
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:37 pm

Galaxus shook her head and made a sound with her tongue, signalling disappointment in the Imperial Admiral. "That be none of your concern. Now, if you have come on diplomatic terms, your leaders would have contacted the Senate. Whether your ship acquires starfighters or not is not my inquiry. I would like to know why exactly you are here and what knowledge have you on the matter that occurs a few kilometres from your current location?" Her ears keen on the Admiral's response, the Director's mind drifted off into space. Could the Imperials have known about the Peace Summit? It was strictly invitation-only. While she always tried her best to be neutral in every matter, especially as an Intelligence Officer, for all she knew the Imperials could've been pulling her leg and merely finding an excuse to enter their territory! On second thought, how could that be? They are unarmed, shields online alone, and would have fled the area once they saw the combined forces of the Mandalorians and the Federation. Indeed, this was a strange incident, one she was bound to resolve before things got out of hand and brows were raised.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next