A Star Wars Role Playing Game
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Laufe
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 5180
Join date : 2010-09-07
Age : 21
Location : Dominion of America, Wales.

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:42 am

Martok wrote:
It is really funny how you still think you're an administrator Wink It's okay, buddy. I understand you have authority problems. Hey, therapy is always good for those kind of people.

Anyway, I don't need to deal with babbling fools. So, Nuch, will you make the necessary changes?
I don't think I'm an Administrator, I just don't care about you.
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
avatar

Posts : 4535
Join date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:56 am

It's okay, my friend. It's okay.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 5833
Join date : 2010-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:11 pm

It doesn't detect the sounds in space, it makes the sound from what it has to take from. Hence you need technology to be able to "hear". If there was sound in space the sensor entirely is redundant. Facts? It doesn't say there is sound in space. And these sensors, are entirely redundant, because no military that has knowledge would use them. Sound is an extremely powerful psychological weapon. When you have people freaking out and getting scared, they make mistakes, and then you have friendly fire or people dying from the mistake.

Martok you're the only one who cares about your argument, you're the one that started it because the GFFA has to be all powerful for some reason. The GFFA isn't all that great. The GFFA is like the U.S, it's size-able, top-tier technology, uses old shiz because it's cheaper than replacing, and has a huge debt because it has little resources to sell to others. The R.M.F is like Russia, huge, government has cash monies due to resources (mining), little government regulation, great economy, populace in general is poor though, due to little regulation/control of "minimum wage" and "worker's rights". Did I mention the RMF's judicial system consists of forced labour? (Made it this way in the Mandalorian Empire). But, despite this, you insist the GFFA is teh greatest and the RMF is some third world back wash country. And if you actually read my post, we detected jack squat, and they delegated it to RIS, they're being extremely cautious.

Overpowering? I'm not overpowering them, if I were they'd have no defects. Mandalore, isn't all powerful Martok, hence "Royal" and "Federation". Mandalore is a constitutional/traditional role, and it can easily be said the Mandalorians are a minority in the faction, hence Federation. Martok, can't the same be said about you and the Republic? If you look, you'd know they'll be gone sooner or later too.
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 5180
Join date : 2010-09-07
Age : 21
Location : Dominion of America, Wales.

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:33 pm

Mandalorians are Space!United Kingdom, everybody get over it.
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
avatar

Posts : 4535
Join date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:49 pm

First and foremost, I am positive I have more knowledge of physics and, generally, more schooling than you do tenfold, and I still accept this idea in the Star Wars realm. The aural sensor was invented to "counter" the laws of physics. You should have learned it by now, but it is called "Suspension of disbelief." In so many words, it's a way of explaining non-realistic elements in writing. Do not forget that this is science fiction, keyword fiction. Anything is possible and can go according to how the writer deems fit. There are dragons in Star Wars, yet those don't exist in the real world. There are starships that travel at the speed of light, yet that doesn't exist in the real world. If all that can be, then sound can exist in Star Wars space as well, and not exist in our space. The sensors were SPECIFICALLY created to explain why sound was heard in the Star Wars films, espite the physical impossibility of that as previously mentioned. Not that hard to comprehend.

How is the GFFA powerful by being the only faction that has knowledge of stealth ships? Wow. You, too, require some therapy, and learn not to jump the gun. The GFFA is quite wealthy itself. You just want to make your petty creatures omnipotent for no reason. Their specialty SHOULD be weapons, not stealth tech. I read your post, but it still makes no sense. You can't detect cloaked ships no matter what. That's my point.

The Republic doesn't exist anymore, oh wise administrator. It is the only government in the Star Wars universe that was able to reform continuously, no matter how weak it got.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 5833
Join date : 2010-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:44 pm

You have no idea who I am, where I come from, or what I did to get to where I am. Stop assuming you're the smartest person on the damn site. Even if you are, no one cares, and it's not very contributing to this conversation. Knowledge doesn't equate into wisdom and/or ability to apply said knowledge.

Dragons don't exist in Star Wars, they're aliens that are dragon-like. Science is also proven wrong every other day. Scientists thought nuclear fission would ignite the atmosphere and kill all life, they thought sound was the speed limit of the universe, they thought space travel was impossible, they even thought air travel was impossible. Martok if sound existed in Star Wars space the Aural Sensor would be entirely redundant.

RMF has knowledge of stealth ships, and has had such before the Bloody Core War. Remember that Stealth Ship you sold, that was subsequently stripped? You also forget the Mandalorian Empire had their own line of stealth ships, that was a massive improvement over yours. How is the GFFA wealthy? It has no raw materials to go off of, has thousands of planets to repair, a devastated military (Not to mention the families that'll get crap ton of credits in death re compensation or whatever it's called), etc.. The Mandalorians aren't omnipotent, or else they would've said "STEALTH SHIP OMFG" instead of "Meh, prob an asteroid, cross check with RIS". Saying the RMF has no ability, is literally saying Russia doesn't have the ability to detect U.S Stealth Aircraft, and saying the U.S can't do it in return.

Republic exists as Alliance in the GFFA. And constant government reform is almost always a sign of an incredibly weak (or corrupt), inefficient and unstable government. Meanwhile, while other other powers such as the Empire that have continuously existed, have remained a powerful figure despite being small, because, they've only had one or two reforms, separated by decades while the Republic keeps making them every couple months and is constantly devastated by random crime lords and Imperial Remnant. During the Republic a crime lord even got a reconstructed super laser, are you kidding me?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:10 pm

USW people! The site where you argue more than you actually rp. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
avatar

Posts : 4535
Join date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:46 pm

I have enough background info on you to know that you are merely a teenager that has yet to mature. Now, let's not whine and try to be civil. I do not act like I am the smartest person on the site. If I am, then so be it, but there are others that actually have common sense, and can explain themselves without nonstop bickering and are open to the ideas of others. Yes, that blah blah about knowledge and wisdom. I know all about it and I do believe in it. I'm not claiming I am wise, but I do have a broad understanding of how this sort of thing works. Whether you like it or not, you are still a teenager, still a minor, and still in school. You have your whole future ahead of you and have much to accomplish in life before you achieve your dream job (which I presume you know what it is already).

If sound existed in space, a sensor would be needed to detect it. What makes you believe mortal ears would be able to hear such sounds? That would be damn noisy!

Is that so? When did this line of Mandalorian stealth ships come into effect? In addition, how would the Mandalorians gain and figure out how to utilize stealth technology? Do not forget, the Mandos would have no way of getting their hands on such knowledge or equipment without negotiating with the Galactic Alliance. Believe me, it won't take a single stealth ship to understand how cloaked tech works. If the GA can't detect stealth ships, neither can the Mandos. End of story. There is no possible way TO detect them, unless the GA searched its archives and found the inventions of the Old Republic. Besides, I don't think the GA fleet would be too worried about stealth ships since they are generally small in size. Well, ours are anyway.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 5180
Join date : 2010-09-07
Age : 21
Location : Dominion of America, Wales.

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:19 am

Martok wrote:
There are dragons in Star Wars, yet those don't exist in the real world.


There's dragons In real life, your point?

Quote :
There are starships that travel at the speed of light, yet that doesn't exist in the real world

Well no, Ships aren't travelling at FTL speeds, there entering another 'realm' (Hyperspace) if you will, that in which distances are massively shorter. One light year, is just a few minutes of travel in a Hyperlane. This makes sense, because if you knew Physic's as you said, you should know how much energy is required to propel a object weighting only a few grams, at 0.4 c, never mind a multi million tonne ship, at 10,000 c.
Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 5833
Join date : 2010-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:06 pm

Just because I'm a teenager, doesn't make my side of the argument invalid, which is what you're trying to do. You've tried this multiple times before, bringing in information that has nothing to do with the conversation, to discredit my side of the argument and to draw away from it. Martok, to be honest, if you truly did have a broad understanding of all of this, this argument would have ended some time ago.

The Mandalorian Stealth Ships were produced during the Bloody Core War, they weren't used however. It's kinda hard to negotiate with the G.A, when they didn't exist during said war. Martok, people have been able to reverse engineer entire branches of technology from words and description, having the stealth ship itself makes the entire process extremely easy. Reverse engineering with an actual model of said technology, is an extremely easy process versus words and description from spies. In a sense the Republic gave the Mandalorians stealth technology.

So, how does the G.A having no ability of detecting stealth ships, gives the Mandalorians no ability? The Mandalorians also have another faction to go to, called the Empire, who have more resources than you do. The G.A fleet isn't worried about stealth ships, that is an extremely idiotic protocol, because reconnaissance is an extremely powerful aspect of war. Simply knowing how many ships are there, even an estimate can be an extreme help. But with the stealth ships you can find their class, weapons armament, even listen in on communications if you could.
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 5180
Join date : 2010-09-07
Age : 21
Location : Dominion of America, Wales.

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:27 pm

Nuch wrote:
So, how does the G.A having no ability of detecting stealth ships, gives the Mandalorians no ability? The Mandalorians also have another faction to go to, called the Empire, who have more resources than you do. The G.A fleet isn't worried about stealth ships, that is an extremely idiotic protocol, because reconnaissance is an extremely powerful aspect of war. Simply knowing how many ships are there, even an estimate can be an extreme help. But with the stealth ships you can find their class, weapons armament, even listen in on communications if you could.
Do you want to re-word this paragraph in a way, that it doesn't contradict it's self?
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
avatar

Posts : 4535
Join date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:23 pm

Your turn to post, Nuch! Let's get this site back up and running!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 5180
Join date : 2010-09-07
Age : 21
Location : Dominion of America, Wales.

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:57 pm

Martok wrote:
Your turn to post, Nuch! Let's get this site back up and running!
What he said, I need to start a Galaxy-wide Diplomatic wide Incident!
Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 5833
Join date : 2010-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:29 pm

I apologize for the delay.

Martok is that your whole post?
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
avatar

Posts : 4535
Join date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Lol yes. I was tired when I wrote it, and don't feel like editing it right now. We can just keep on posting until we get the complimentaries across, then go on to business. Don't forget that the Mandalore called this meeting and he must explain its purpose and go into the fullddetails of the Union. By the way, let's get a move on with this. I'm hoping to have the action unleash by next week Monday.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 5180
Join date : 2010-09-07
Age : 21
Location : Dominion of America, Wales.

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:20 pm

Mand'alor.

Mandalore denotes a few things, but not Mand'alor, two different things.
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
avatar

Posts : 4535
Join date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:45 pm

Yeah, Mand'alor is what I meant.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
avatar

Posts : 4535
Join date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:48 pm

NUCH - One thing: the Mandos aren't supposed to join the GFFA. They are supposed to propose the "Galactic Union Agreement". It isn't a matter of joining the Galactic Federation, but uniting as one. Either way, they will be a group of alliances in one sense, but would have a central government.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 5180
Join date : 2010-09-07
Age : 21
Location : Dominion of America, Wales.

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:36 am

I'll let you guys post someone, before I announce the Emperors arrival.
Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 5833
Join date : 2010-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:00 am

I know, Narir II, being younger and more intelligent than his father will steer the conversation towards that.

The G.F.F.A was never set up for more than alliances. Hence the triumvirate. Adding more will surely need a reformation.
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 5180
Join date : 2010-09-07
Age : 21
Location : Dominion of America, Wales.

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:11 am

Why would you even want you join the GFFA? That along with several other things puzzles me.
Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 5833
Join date : 2010-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:30 am

General "We are strong united!" belief by Narir II. His Prime Minister doesn't feel the same.
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 5180
Join date : 2010-09-07
Age : 21
Location : Dominion of America, Wales.

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:15 pm

Nuch wrote:
General "We are strong united!" belief by Narir II. His Prime Minister doesn't feel the same.
So, your definition of Strong & United, is mass uprisings on both sides?
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
avatar

Posts : 4535
Join date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:21 pm

Yeah. That's the purpose of the Galactic Union. The Galactic Union will consist of any faction with the desire for a peace. Also, it is the Prime Minister that is pushing to get the Galactic Union Accords signed because he knows what is to come. The Mandalore sees (or rather should, in accordance with the Site Plot) that this Galactic Union would just help reinforce the might of the Mandalorians, and help enforce a new order.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 5833
Join date : 2010-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:44 am

Caboose I never said the Mand'alore was smart, it's the Narir dynasty. Narir I tried to do it in a way, that kinda made the GFFA apart of the RMF. Hence it was denied almost as soon it was proposed.

Martok why do you tell me this late in the RP? The way I've set it up is the young Narir II proposing the bill and Baatir being "OK let's review this... Wait, WHAT!?".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    

Back to top Go down
 
Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Naruto Chapter 564 [Spoilers]
» (Isla de Muerta) Stormy Weather Brings About Crashing Tides -Open-
» Serious: [Itsuwaribito Pirates: Chapter 1] Shuu Island Predicament: Kamikaze's Takeover (Amari only)
» Naruto Chapter 615
» Naruto Chapter 617

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ultimate Star Wars RPG :: SPACEPORT CANTINA :: Bar-
Jump to: