Ultimate Star Wars RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Star Wars Role Playing Game

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 2:43 am

Umm Question ... Why is Bone standing in for the Chief of Defence Staff, you know the Guy who's in charge of the Army, Navy, ect. I find it weird a Jedi Knight would be standing in for this position.
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:08 am

Meh. The Supreme Commander was too busy to attend the meeting. Why not put an eager Jedi Knight in charge of security detail? One of the GA's very own Triumvirs is his Grand Master. Besides, we need to get people involved somehow.
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:51 am

Because the Chief Of Defence Staff's job, is to defend the GFFA. Putting a random ass Jedi in this position is rather ... stupid.

Now ... if you had a Jedi or two, in your Security Detail That makes sense. Making a Random Jedi, the sole most Important person in the GFFA at all times, is not.
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:36 pm

The sole most important person, you say? I never knew the Chief of Defence (just another title for the Supreme Commander) had so much authority. If you must know, the Supreme Commander's power would have been reduced when the Triumvirate came into power. He is just another Chief of Staff like anyone else. Not to mention, the Supreme Commander is tasked with defending the Galactic Alliance, meaning its territories, and not, specifically, its people or leaders Wink Anyhow, the Grand Master of the Jedi recommended that this particular Jedi Knight be put in charge of security for the evening when he discovered the Supreme Commander and his subordinates would be unable to attend the meeting. Jedi Knights did it in the days of old. Why not?
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 2:49 pm

So ... you ask me to be the Chief of Security, and suddenly for no reason, I'm no longer the CoS. And you delete my post. What the hells up with that man?

The GFFA can be all goodie all it wants. Inter-service rivalry is going to get in the way. Alot. Just because Cal is the top-dog, The Human/Alien mundane elements of the GFFA (aka 99.9999999999999999% of it) Will see the Jedi as an asset in this situation and/or advisor's. not ones to running the show. You try and tell your men other wise, your going to lose Political Capital, and when the Elections come up, best say hey to the new guy.

What sounds better to you, to get re-elected.

- Chief of State Cal Omar rescued by the Jedi, in a Mandalorian trap.

Or

- The men & women of the GFFA armed forces, who put there lifes on the line for no reason than they choose to, rescue the Chief Of State Cal Omar in a Mandalorian trap.

An Head Of State has to think about Political Capital, not what he wants. If he wants re-elected next terms, he wants those votes, and you want the people to side with you. And what makes people want you? Knowing that you, Cal Omar know that even Humans & aliens can protect you. It makes them feel equal. It makes them know you see them as Equal

Note, don't even say Your pro-Jedi. I can debunk that 50 ways to Sunday. It just doesn't work when your a Galactic Spanning Empire.
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 4:00 pm

I clarified that Bone was the Chief of Security. If you read the topic, you'd realise that. I consulted with a fellow staff member, and concluded that it would be best if the post was deleted.
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 4:08 pm

You still haven't answered my Question ...

Why aren't I the NPC'er for the Security Chief, when you told me I was..
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 6:24 pm

No, we discussed this already. After I talked to you about it, I then decided Bone would be my Chief of Security considering his writing experience, and you would be the Emperor as you knew the Empire the best. Why does it matter now? You are no longer the Chief of Security even if I declared such. Be happy you're the Emperor.
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 3:07 am

Forewarning would of been nice.
Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
Nuczija

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 3:34 am

The location of meeting has been changed three times...

I'm staying at O-9, that was the plan, we're going with it. I'm not changing my damn course Razz
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 7:13 am

When you think about it. The Star Wars Coordinates don't make much sense.
Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
Nuczija

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:17 am

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:53 pm

Well, then you are at the incorrect location, Nuch Razz And therefore have ruined an entire RP as usual (cough cough lol Wink) But, seriously, just edit it. There is significant value to the coordinates chosen. Either way, the planet the coordinates lead to will be the destination we all have arrived at.
Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
Nuczija

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 2:55 pm

Tell me what planet it is...
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 3:08 pm

Go to your pms and maybe you'll find out.
Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
Nuczija

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 4:08 pm

There's nothing in the PMs.
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 4:09 pm

Well, then wait to see what the planet is.
Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
Nuczija

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 4:53 pm

No, I am at O-9.

The Mandalorians would not send their political leaders to a planet they know nothing about. That is just idiotic, so I am at O-9.
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:40 pm

K. Guess you're not with us then. Also, the mandos know what planet it is.
It's just the planetary leaders that don't. Stop acting like the rp is real life. You can edit the post to easily say that T-6 is the proper coordinates. Actually, you can make another post stating such, and it would also be quite laughable that we told you the wrong coordinates. Who knows? maybe that was the Chief of State's plan all along?
Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
Nuczija

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:44 pm

There are like 5 different things using the coordinates T-6... Turkana, Telaris, Eridicon..... Laughable? Your the one that told me O-9.

So... The Chief of State (As with his predecessor), is going to doom the entire faction, for no reason what so ever. Killing the national leaders, while the Royal Marines are at REDCON-1 and REDCON-2 is a very quick way to die.
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 1:20 am

I can't find any record of me even giving you the coordinates in RP. I just told you in a strict ooc chatbox Wink

Umm...no? He can't do as his predecessor did and call the Galactic Federation Forces to arms with a mere whim of his hand. He has to deliberate with the Galactic Federation Triumvirate and have consent given. Not to mention, the Chief of State is a professional politician. He knows how to deal with politicians of all sorts and knows the time and place for his personal vendettas.
Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
Nuczija

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 1:32 am

You told me to treat what you said in the chat as IC and just go.....

Whatever.
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 11:56 am

I don't recall that whatsoever. Perhaps, you were mistaken this time? And, indeed, you are certainly correct. We need not focus on the past. If the problem was caused by role-playing, then it can easily be fixed by role-playing.

Bone - It is your post at the moment, bud. Have you knowledge of military starships and the sorts, or would you like me to provide you with a list of the ships present?
Back to top Go down
Bone
Immigrant
Bone

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 4:23 pm

I've got knowledge on many ships, but not the ships used currently by the GA.
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 6:24 pm

Bone wrote:
I've got knowledge on many ships, but not the ships used currently by the GA.
They don't technically have any. But common sense dictates they do of course. Do as I did. Simply say what type of ship it is(Frigates, Destroyers, Cruisers ect), how many are there, and what are they called (When doing this, think about it, there warships, Cruisers are someone of the Strongest ships in the Galaxy, five it a fitting name.).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next