Ultimate Star Wars RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Star Wars Role Playing Game

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides

Go down 
+2
Nuczija
Felix
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Nuczija
Administrator
Nuczija

Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 5:53 pm

The following words had shook the ground of the galactic union summit. They were both right, but the Royal Mandalorian Federation did indeed, consist of old, stubborn men.

Mand'alor simply had a quick face palm, as much as he hated to admit it, they were right. He really only had one problem with the treaty, well two. Hopefully the other will solve itself later, for now he needed to speak. "I only have but one demand..." Mand'alor stated, he waited a moment before he wanted to speak again. He had to think how he could properly say this, before starting another debate.

"I want the Jedi excluded from this union entirely, their own nation. They're already too weak, to be devastated by a possibly failed union. Lest they be gone, forever." Mand'alor stated, he had just revealed his true intentions. It wasn't out of spite, but to protect the Jedi, out of respect.

Then Prime Minister Baatir stepped up, "I apologize, but... I can't sign this." Prime Minister Baatir stated. It probably destroyed the once calm atmosphere once more, it better be important. Baatir wasn't one to start random debates, he was relatively the calmest in this whole fiasco. "I personally require the Parliament's consent to sign this." Prime Minister Baatir stated.
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 5:58 pm

"Very well. I will accept that, after the Galactic Union Agreement has been signed by all invited parties. Never forget; we are here to serve the people of the galaxy and protect it from evil, any and all kinds of evil."
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 1:51 pm

Eddard pulled out an antiqued pen from his person, pulling the papers he talked out loud while he signed the agreement. " I, Emperor of the Third Galactic Empire Julius Maximus Eddard, hence force sign this document in the name of Galactic peace and stability. " Eddard finished, then handed the pen to his 'Chosen successor', who had since stayed quiet for most of the meetings proceedings.

The Bothan male walked towards the table took the pen from the Emperor then followed suite, and wrote his name as a witness to the Emperors signatory. " I, Greig Atkins, hence force declare that I have witnessed the signing of this document in the name of the Empire. " After signing his name, the dark clothed Bothan moved back to his seat, then continued to observe the meeting, like he had been doing for some time now.

" Now, the Jedi. If the Mandalorians are to be so 'demanding'." Eddard said, air quoting as he did so. " Then, I decree that this Union, will not have a state-sponsored Force sensitive agency. Meaning, the organizations once known as Imperial Fists, and Mandalorians Knights. Will hence fourth be dissolved of any prior authority or judicial powers. "

" Since, these are times of peace, not war. It is only fare that these now unemployed Force Sensitives, must once again be given a meaning to be, so I propose these unemployed men and women, should be given the chance to redeem themselves by be given the chance to join the Jedi Order. "

" It's only fair, Master Jedi, is it not? "
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 3:17 pm

"I will not permit Force-sensitives who have been haunted by the Dark Side of the Force passage into the New Jedi Order without going through the Jedi Trials and having the Spirit of Truth determine their fate; if they are worthy, they will be admitted. If not, they must learn to control their powers and not use it as an advantage over others. I will still have to discuss that proposal with the Council, but I trust all shall be well hereon, if all three galactic powers sign this Agreement. As a current Triumvir of the Federation, I approve the unison of the three greatest galactic powers of our time into one Galactic Union." Officiating it, the Jedi Grand Master signed the Treaty of Unity.

The Chief of State, however, was more hesitant if anything. The Jedi Grand Master sensed this as well and spoke with him in the corner after several minutes, as the Mand'alor and the Prime Minister were doing amongst themselves this very moment, most likely with their government on a holoprojector. "This is a chance for a new age, a new us. A new galaxy. The Jedi have longed for this moment."
"It just doesn't feel right, Illador. I always wanted peace to, but I still fear this will be a disaster. I foresee it. I've had dreams of it."
"While that may be so, your judgement is clouded by the Dark Side. Don't let the Dark Side taunt you into not signing it, as to wage war against the other galactic powers and be assured a loss. We cannot afford to lose this opportunity at permanent peace. We're making history, Cal. You must sign it. You will sign it. The Jedi Grand Master's voice was hesitant at first, but clearly declared what he was trying to say, rather insisting that he sign it, through various means, perhaps including the utilization of the Living Force. No one would notice anyhow, as he was concealing his very ability to use the Force from anyone nearby.
The Chief of State looked down hesitantly, then back up and nodded. Reluctantly, he strode to the center of the chambers and signed the document. "I....I...I, Cal Omar, Chief of State of the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances, hereby declare that the Federation supports the merging of all that is the Galactic Federation into the Galactic Union for a better future of us all, for protection of us, and for a continued peace...forever." His hand quivered as he let go of the pen, then stormed out the room.

"Mandalorians, what say you?"
Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
Nuczija

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 6:27 pm

"I can't sign it, without the Prime Minister's signature to counter-sign." Mand'alor Jurkadir Narir II stated, he was right, it was required by federal law that he must counter-sign. Only particular bills required just one signature, but those were exceedingly rare and usually through executive powers. He turned towards the Prime Minister, if this union was going to happen they'd need his signature first. Lest Mand'alor never be able to sign it, and the union never happens.

"I can't sign it either, I need Parliament's approval." Prime Minister Baatir said, Mand'alor sighed in response, yet another delay. He was right, however, they did need the Royal Parliament's consent before they sign these sort of things. The reason was so that it represented even the lowest of classes, and that everyone had a say. If only the Prime Minister signed it, no one is represented.

"If you allow, a temporary dismissal. I believe a speech can persuade them." Mand'alor Jurkadir Narir II stated, he held great power and influence for merely holding a title. He was a national symbol of unity and cooperation, that all clans could unite under a single banner and have peace. Surely this union would also extend his figure to a galactic scale, uniting the galaxy at large through his proposal.
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:50 pm

"This you are granted. Godspeed, Mandalorians. Your Highness, now that the Federation and Empire are officially merged, as this holopad has already transferred this data to our respective governments, perhaps you should make the necessary preparations, or is your government doing this as we speak? Once you have that all taken care of, please, do join me for some tea."
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 7:11 pm

Eddard stood from his chair, confused by the action of Cal Omar, Chief of State. But quickly dismissed, them and returned his attention towards, Illador. " I'm afraid I'll have to decline your offer, for now at least. One must appease the bureaucrats, before they make too much paper work. " Eddard sneered to himself, " But on a more serious note, I must address the Empire, and discuss the basis of the Union with my people. For now, the basis the Galactic Union is done, tomorrow comes another day, sadly tomorrow is waking up to a Senate & Moff Council Meetings and discussing the treaty and it's bearings. "

Eddard bowed to the Master Jedi, then soon left the meeting chambers flanked by his bodyguards and Greig Atkins, his chosen successor, and in the event Greig ever got on the throne, he would be the first alien to take the Imperial Throne since , well since Imperial records began.

The two men stayed quiet as they walked to the shuttle, neither saying a single word, and the two bodyguard were always quiet, so it was no change from them. As the Shuttle's air locked closed behind them, Grieg was quick to brake the silence between the two men. " I can't say I expected the meeting to finish so soon. " The Bothan said, his voice strong and firm. " And I did expect you to at least fight for a stronger position in the Union, which I found you to do a bad job of."

" For now, the Union is still a pipe dream. Nothing is set in stone, all we did today was agree to form a supranational Union in the near future. For now, we still have plenty of time for the Empire to get a stronger position in this Union. However, we must first appease the Senate and Moff Council. I can't force them to agree to the Union, but they can force the Empire not to. "

" You know sometimes, I think making it illegal to dissolve the Senate was a really bad idea of yours. " The Bothan replied.

" Senates may be annoying, and undermine you from time to time, but their not bad people, well most of them. The Empire assures that it's people and planets get fair representation, and it will stay as such, as long I stay on the throne. We are a people of peace, Greig. But we're also very good at waging war. "

As Eddard finished, he stumbled around, but was quickly caught by one of his body guards. From what Grieg could tell Eddard was trying to speak, but was unable to do such, he also notice a discolouration in his face, with half of his face seemingly dropping down, motionless. Grieg's face was filled with fear when he realised what was happening.

" GET A MED TEAM HERE NOW! " The Bothan bellowed, his voice echoing down the bulkheads.
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 8:52 pm

Could this truly be occurring within Federation Space? What would the Imperial Senate and Moff Council deem this? Perhaps, it would collapse the Talks and set the galaxy back another era once more. The Federation had no intention of allowing that to be the aftermath of this ruckus that should have never began. Triumvir Omar was initially informed of the medical conditions endured by the Emperor. Before hearing of his current state, Chief Omar resigned from his prideful manner and heartbroken stage (for reasons of believing to have let his people down) and made haste to the medical bay within the Orbital Alderaanian Mansion. As he found his way, he had discovered that the Emperor was in a coma and had to be carefully seen to. Also, every section they passed was being locked off to avoid any release to the public. At this moment in time, to avoid any distractions from any outside sources or unwanted inside sources, primarily the Mandalorians, the station was enveloped by its powerful shields, spare generators onboard plus additional planetary shield generators that could power the station's vaporizing defences were at the ready.

Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 6 15q92f9

Chief Omar stood by the side of the Emperor, collapsing into tears. He could not bear to see someone facing death, especially an important political figure. He knew if his surgeons didn't do something in a quick manner, His Highness would decease on this very day. Luckily, the doctors examined him several times, establishing that this coma was not any ordinary coma; it was caused by a poison! But who would have the audacity to make one's dark thoughts come to pass? Considering there were few Federation government officials even present at the Summit and those officials were within the chambers at all times (with the exception of the Chief of State at various intervals), therefore, the Federation shan't be held accountable.

"Do what you must do, Doctor. If physical healing cannot help him, I will ask that the Jedi intervene," requested the Triumvir. The Doctor nodded obediently, bidding the Chief of State and company ado for the time being. There was nothing they could do.
Back to top Go down
SBBM
Immigrant
SBBM

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 10:10 pm

The Orbital Mansion was a magnificent creation to behold, although it was one that disturbed the jedi, Nevest Ronce, in the least. Wandering its halls, Nevest was reflecting on the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances' current state of affairs; not one for politics, his concerns were mainly regarding whether or not any large conflicts were imminent, which would mean greater involvement for the Jedi. Shaking his head free of thoughts, he began making his way back to his master.
Back to top Go down
Nuczija
Administrator
Nuczija

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 10:12 pm

Mand'alor Jurkadir and Prime Minister Baatir simply got up from their chairs, and left with Mand'alor apparently leading the Mandalorian delegation through the halls. They now had important matters to attend to back at home, something about Eriadu... Must be a pirate attack or a threat of invasion or something, again. Surely it'd be solved quickly and efficiently by the RMF, maybe even without him!

"So, Prime Minister, how do you think that went?" Mand'alor Jurkadir abruptly stated, shattering the quiet atmosphere of the halls. "Well, the treaty will need very serious work. At this point, we'll outlive the union and it may shatter the galaxy." Prime Minister Baatir retorted, he was indeed right, without revision it'd collapse pretty fast. Maybe they should fire up the supercomputers in the RIS, and do some calculations? This was a galaxy-altering decision that must be planned carefully.

"Indeed, the thing I am concerned about is... We all lose individuality, everyone will conform to the popular movement. There'll be no more culture, no more people, no more individuals..." Mand'alor Jurkadir stated, his words shook the Prime Minister to his core... Was what he was doing the right thing? They just approached the lowering ramp, the Prime Minister almost stopped completely but pressed on, entering the shuttle with his comrade, Mand'alor. "True, it is something that must be addressed... Immediately." Prime Minister Baatir stated.

As Mand'alor approached his seat with the Prime Minister, the ramp raised to close and seal the ship. Then there was a shouting, it appeared to be coming from the outside, was it the Imperial delegation? Possibly, they had a tendency to shout out orders like maniacs, but so did the Mandalorians and the Alliance... They weren't so different, but even these minuscule differences "justified" war between them, affecting trillions, if not quadrillions of sentients... Was this the way of the galaxy, a cycle of war and peace to continue forever?

The Prime Minister had to think about this very hard and carefully, he was a politician now, not a soldier. He didn't enjoy dwelling on such thoughts, they were... Unpleasant to him, to say at the least. However to someone like Mand'alor, it was simply glory, but for what?

The ship took off into the atmosphere, and after mere minutes they had taken off into hyperspace. The galaxy would never be the same after this meeting.
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:26 pm

When Grieg had found out that the Emperor himself had somehow been poisoned, in a fit of rage he had went as far as to utterly destroy the two guards responsible for his protection. His rage meant nothing of note was left between the two men, and had he not been the Regent of the Empire. Chances are the Federation would of arrested him, but for now ... they simply let him be. It was best not to annoy a Bothan. It had too many ways of going badly.

Since that point, Grieg had refused to leave the Emperor's bedside, he couldn't care less if he was the Regent of the Empire. HIS Emperor was dying in a hospital bed, and there was shit all he could do to fix it. It would be hours, if not days, before any Imperial vessels could arrive to pick up the Emperor. In that time, Grieg would never leave Eddard's bedside.
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 4:01 pm

As the days went by, the doctors and neurosurgeons concluded that the Emperor would get better, but exceptional healing was required, perhaps, even, healing from a Jedi, a powerful one at that. This was a matter of great concern, one not able to be easily bypassed. The Emperor had been poisoned. His Heir Apparent was in a restless state of mourning, weeping for the only man he ever respected night and day, not even taking into account the leadership of the Empire. A medic pulled the Regent away from the area to speak privately. "It is vital he is fully recovered soon, or I fear the worst, Your Highness. While it may be painful to ask of you--more so, for you to accomplish--I must recommend that you seek the assistance of Master Jedi Illador, a noble warrior of the Force. His power has been unchallenged as far as I have seen from personal experiences, but the Order may contest my opinion. We have done all we can for you. There is nothing awful about seeking one of our own for help. Considering the Peace Talks, it may be a step forward in the right direction for the Empire." Leaving His Highness to his own thoughts, the medic returned to the medical bay to ensure all was well with the fallen ruler of the Galactic Empire.
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 4:12 pm

Grieg was shocked by the Medic's words, unsure of how to respond to them. The Emperor in all his glory was a stout Anti-Jediist. The Empire simply never liked the Jedi, while Eddard didn't outlaw them in Imperial Space - for reasons unknown - he made sure that they weren't welcome, to say the least. Yet now ... now Grieg was being told to do everything he shouldn't. To save the Emperor, he must betray him.

Then the thought dawned on him, what would Illador think? The Master Jedi would know the pain that Eddard caused to Jedi with in Imperial Space. Was he so willing to put aside past prejudices, and save a man who would have done no such thing, had they changed places? Grieg simply didn't know the answer to this question.

The Giant fur covered beast sighed, then pondered around the grand station, in search of Grand Master Illador, there was a faint chance, he could save the Emperor, so he hoped.
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 5:02 pm

It just so happened that the Grand Master, alongside his Padawan, Aldrich Slake (SBBM), ran into the Regent. He could sense the distress in his voice and the length of time it took for his position to be discovered by this man. "What is wrong, Your Highness?"
Back to top Go down
SBBM
Immigrant
SBBM

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 9:51 pm

Nevest locked eyes with the Regent for a moment upon meeting him, the Padawan giving a casual nod before breaking the eye contact. Nevest crossed his arms and turned away from the group slightly, staring at the floor as he once again pondered on the intimidating structure they stood within, this "Mansion" that resembled a moon. How many tax credits had gone into constructing this behemoth? And for what?

"What is wrong, Your Highness?"

Nevest looked over his shoulder into the Regent's eyes, waiting for his response.
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 5:10 am

Greig was unsure of how to begin, how exactly did you ask a Jedi Grand Master to save the man, who has Jedi ideals destroyed, and Jedi themselves harmed? He also expected Illador, to simply laugh in his face and walk off. The Empire had done no good for the Jedi, so the Jedi would not do any good for Eddard. But, a small voice in the back of his head, forced him to act, as if they weren't even his own thoughts.

" I, uh ... I have a request for you, Master Jedi. " Greig asked, he tried to stay humble, and make it sound like he was asking, but with being a Bothan, everything Greig said sounded like a demand, or a Insult. Being a Bothan of Grieg's statue had it's down sides to say the least.
Back to top Go down
SBBM
Immigrant
SBBM

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 5:38 am

"Of course you do," Nevest thought to himself, not wishing to express his snide remark aloud. Although he didn't much concern himself with politics, Nevest was well aware of Eddard's anti-Jedi stance, so the prospect of a request coming from his Regent did not bode well with the young Jedi. Turning back to the men, he glanced over to his master before speaking up.

"What is this request, if I may? The Jedi serve the galaxy, not the whims of the Empire who actively target our Order."

He spoke with none of the contempt he had for these people, instead controlling himself as per his commitment to the Jedi Code.
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 8:38 pm

Illador smiled, seeing his apprentice take the lead, and allowing him to do so. The boy's future was clear--he had leadership material. How he would utilize such talents was a different question. After all, it was the Chosen One who was to bring balance to the Force; while he was extraordinarily powerful, even he could not see beyond the temptations of the Dark Side. He fret for the same fate of his Padawan. In any case, he had to learn one way or another. He awaited the Regent's response.
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 8:52 pm

The Bothan looked down at the Human he towered over, and grunted. " You are not whom I wish to speak with. " Grieg stated, his anger nearly over powering him, but he held strong. It was his duty afterall " You be best, if you simple shut up, and let me speak with the Master Jedi. "

Grieg made eye contact with Illador, he wasn't sure of what he saw in the Jedi's eyes, but it was likely contempt. " Do not even try to start, Jedi. I haven't the time to deal with you lecturing me about my peaceful resolution, nor have I the patience to care. Will you hear me out, or will you be what you are expected to be? "

Grieg wasn't quite sure what Illador, or his apprentice knew of Anti-Jediism propaganda, but Illador likely knew enough to know what the Bothan was expecting - A Jedi would never lift a finger to aide a Imperial - They never have, and never well. Simple incapable of accepting that the past is the past.
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 11:06 am

The Master Jedi elevated the arrogant man with the Force. How dare he threaten the Grand Master's own padawan, a boy he dedicated blood, sweat, and tears towards for several years under his own wing, then have the audacity to insult all that the Jedi stood for and still request omnipotent aid, beknowest only to a Jedi, for the leader of a government that disgraced the New Jedi Order on countless occasions and even forbade the very iteration of their name? While the ego of Imperialists was without end, the Empire would soon learn that to correct the past, one must face their fears in the present. In the Empire's case, that fear being to reveal any sign of weakness. Their fortitude and arrogance is the greatest weakness of the Empire that is failed to be recognised.

"Speak to me, or my Padawan, with such a tone again, and I will be forced to resign myself from this system." Dismissing his Padawan's potential grin and inner laughter bursting against his mental bubble of restraint, the Jedi lowered the Regent, much to his dissatisfaction. Not granting the Regent a moment to exhale air, the Jedi Master insisted, "I shall help your Emperor, per the mandate of the Jedi. We would never allow a being of this Galaxy to die because we failed to do what we could. Your request shall be granted." Ignoring any other words he contested to iterate, the Jedi Master and his Padawan made their way throughout the Orbital Mansion to the Medical Bay, where the Emperor lay flat on the bed, nearly blue.

"I've seen this before. Poison, is it not?"

The medic nooded. "How, or what, is the question. The Chief of State took the liberty to instruct his men to do their best to investigate the problem. Poison has never ran rampant in this station before. The only conclusion we can draw is--"

"Assassin. Someone is trying to prevent the Emperor from signing the Galactic Union Agreement, most likely through intimidation. Padawan, cooperate with the Federation. Do what you can to aid their investigation. By the time of your return, I wish to know who was behind this. I trust you, my young apprentice." The Jedi Master gleamed, pointing to the Captain of the Guard that stood by the atrium of the Medical Centre.
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 4:25 pm

" Who the hell do you think you are! " Grieg yelled, as he was 'allowed' to be lowered back onto the surface. " You are Jedi! Not a bunch of a mindless Sithspit, you would be wise to remember such. " He resisted the urge to punch the lights out of the Master Jedi, Grieg being a nine-foot, four-hundred pound Bothan, he could probably sucker punch Illador quick enough, and hard enough to knock him out in one blow. But he didn't, he'd resist the urges to rip him limb from limb ... for now that was. Tomorrow was a different time.

There was only so much you could do with the Force, when a 400-pound beast is charging at you from six yards, with intent to do as much damage as it wanted. Yes, Grieg would die in the process, but the Jedi would be most damaged themselves, or even dead. It brought a smile to his face, as he listed his heels and simply walked away from the Jedi duo, heading for the Imperial Shuttle that was docked with the 'Mansion'.

When he arrived he made haste towards the cockpit and activated the Comm unit - making sure to dismiss the crew fist- "Hood Actual, this is King Hook Onner' he said, his voice calm. 'Things on the station have turned out differently than expected. I want a contingent of Fists, aswell a Medical vessel with the best crew you can get your hands on, Hood Actual. Black One-Nine-Four-Omega-Charles Alpha, is in effect. Make haste. Do now declare the presence of the Fists. Over. '

As soon as he was finished Grieg slammed his fists into the computer terminal, destroying it completely. Try and track something that isn't giving off a signal now. He thought to himself. His transmission was short enough that it would take a while before the GFFA techs knew what it entailed, by that point the Imperial back up would be here, and it would matter not.

With his duty done, he made his way back to the Medical centre, he needed to be by the Emperors side. Once there he saw Illador, with his apprentice consulting a Medic. It seemed in his short absence, they hadn't started their attempts to heal Eddard. Which was good, for now. He just had to delay them for now ...

Which would not be easy. He walked over towards the group and butted in the conversation. 'I have called for a Medivac from the nearest Imperial ship. They will be here with in the hour, then we will be taking the Emperor into our custody, where he belongs. Where he can get the correct treatment for his aliments. Until that point, as the Eddard's caretaker, I can not allow you to operate on him. ' he paused, then looked at Master Illador. 'Is that clear?'
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 6:16 pm

The Chief of State arrived in the nick of time; his presence was warmly welcomed by the Jedi Master, considering the growing tension between the two galactic powers. "He collapsed in Federation territory. The moment you entered New Alderaan space, you were subject to our laws and principles. The Medic made it clear that he must be have constant medical attention. To do as you will with him would be most tragic at this point. I, personally, cannot afford the death of the Emperor. Can you, Regent? Can you sustain such a fatal blow to a glorious government, to your own homeland? Would you allow such a thing to be? I pray not, for if that is so, His Highness would have made a grand mistake in appointing you his Heir Apparent. Have your starship on standby. Until such time he is released by the Doctor, I will not permit his leave. One's medical condition is far more important than any man's orders, even yours. I trust we have a mutual understanding of the reason I am not respecting your judgement?" Chief Omar begged the Jedi to continue with his doings with a head nod, being the barrier between the Regent's sense of superiority and the full recovery of the Emperor. If the Regent did try to disobey medical orders, he would find himself unable to get within a certain radius of the Emperor, especially considering the Master Jedi formed a telekinetic/Force barrier. If the Regent attempted to come near the Master Jedi or the Emperor, he would find himself pushed back by a wave of the Force, of the Grand Master's own doing, of course.

Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 6 150px-Cilghal_egtf

Illador spread his arms and physically consumed the atmosphere. His hands met, one over the other, the hands of reconciliation touch base of the heart of an Emperor. All the while, the Master Jedi continued speaking to himself where he was most safe--his mind, "Must relax...reach out with my mind...reach inside... through the pain ... to touch the Force! Knit bones... mend flesh ... renew!" He needed not meditation to focus an ability he had excelled at for several years, but he believed it necessary, per the occasion. Within moments, the body began healing itself, the poison being unconditionally diminished and the lungs, heart, and other body parts that suffered under the intake, restored. Was it a miracle? Most of the medics did, but what they failed to comprehend was the wonder of the Force; the absolute mystery its power beholds. "See what a few minutes of patience can do for the Empire?"
Back to top Go down
SBBM
Immigrant
SBBM

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Nevest had met the Regent's outburst with silence, opting for an expressionless stare. The Bothan's aggression did little to an unfazed Nevest, other than cause him to lose what little sense of respect he had for the individual. Once Illador grasped Grieg with the Force, though, Nevest lower his face to conceal a growing smile. Not often did Nevest deal with politicians, but he was glad his master took to his defense instead of chastising him.

On the way to the Medical Bay, Nevest offered some small words to Illador.

"I thank you for the support, Master... that man is in dire need of happy thoughts, of that I am sure. Ha!"

There, Nevest stood witness to the Emperor's condition. Partially disgusted by his state, he had to hold back his grimace.

"This is... terrible..."

Although far from a fan of Eddard, he couldn't bare to actually see for himself this man's suffering. Nobody deserved this, and seeing it saddened the Jedi. Nevest was lost in his thoughts when he realized Illador was addressing him, although he broke free from his mind to give his master his utmost attention.

"Padawan, cooperate with the Federation. Do what you can to aid their investigation. By the time of your return, I wish to know who was behind this. I trust you, my young apprentice."

"As you wish, Master."

Nevest approached the Captain and provided a nod on the way, his way of a greeting.

"Nevest Ronce, at your service."

He gave the Captain a customary bow, awaiting the details of their cooperation.
Back to top Go down
Laufe
Administrator
Laufe

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 5:50 pm

Grieg watched as the Treasonous Jedi Master used his powers to heal Emperor Eddard, the bastard had even went as far as to use the force from stopping Grieg from even getting close to Eddard! How dare he, he thought to himself. Grieg was so angered by the actions of this bastard Jedi that he had dug his own claws so far into the palms of his hands that they bled.

There was nothing he could do to stop it. But one thing was for sure now, Eddard would not rest until Illador was stripped of rank and position. Medical regulations of the GFFA be damned. You do not heal a Emperor with a Jedi of all people. Medical technology existed for a reason, and Eddard was fine with it.

After some time Illador finished, Greig stared at Illador with the anger of a thousand erupting suns. He was in no mood for anything, other than to see his dead corpse. Alas, that would not happen to day. 'Leave.' He said somewhat calmly. 'None of your are welcome to be in the presence of the Emperor, after what you have all done today. ' Grieg stopped and looked directly at Cal Omar. 'YOU! Of all people should not of allowed this to happen! Leave us be, until our ship arrives. I have to stop a war from happening now, because of you fucking idiots.'
Back to top Go down
Felix
Immigrant
Felix

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 6:53 pm

Illador sensed the hatred within the Heir of the Imperial Throne; the bitterness inside him, the endless rage urging to spew from his lips and body. Did this surprise a Master who foretold the birth of a member of the High Council today? It never would. It never could. As he predicted the glorious arrival of a Jedi councilor into the universe, so did he envision the outcome of his actions. Notwithstanding the Regent was set in his ways, the Grand Master was exactly the opposite. If he aided not any man that fell into a critical medical condition before his very own eyes whilst having a peaceful stance with the Jedi, who would he be? Surely, not a Jedi, for all that he stood for, all that took him several years to utterly comprehend, would be tarnished; the teachings of the Jedi Order would have come to an end, and the Jedi Code deemed nothing more than words of a wise man so long ago. It was highly unfortunate the Regent could not see passed his arrogance to accept the fact his Emperor was just recovered from a coma that could have lead to his imminent death. However, Illador was confident there was more to the veil of the Heir Apparent than what met the eye. He could feel that something was stirring...something dark...something beyond his comprehension. As time unraveled, so would the mystery of the Empire and the galaxy's greatest fear as well.

Chief Omar rested his hand on Grieg's shoulder, looking at him apologetically. "Your Excellency, do not be as the Imperials of Old were. You are much better than they. If you hate the Jedi for healing the one that got you to where you were today and allowed the Empire to continue in a peaceful state, and the Federation for allowing your Emperor to be healed and not die because of a faulty decision on your behalf, then so be it. However, I did what was in the best interests of both governments. I know the Empire. I know the Emperor. Such a galactic power could not sustain a heavy loss as the death of their leader. I only pray you will understand that. If you can find it in your heart, I beg of thee to keep this under wraps. The only way His Imperial Highness would grow infuriated is if this was spread throughout the Empire, thus making him look weak. Do it, if not for me, but for the stability of the Empire, for the reputation of your Emperor. I beg of you." The Chief of State realized he was taking a big chance at this, but he dropped to his knees, his Senate Commandos doing the same.

"Unless, of course, this was your plot all along. You hoped that the Emperor would pass and we be the ones blamed for not administering medication and/or recovery in time. Albeit, I shall grant thee the benefit of the doubt, as you are trusted. If only it was a mutual feeling," proclaimed the Grand Master of the Jedi.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides    Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides  - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter I: Diplomatic Tides
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next